Special little Jackdaw

WelshMike

I only really got into shooting corvids in any decent (well decent for me anyway) numbers November last year. Whilst I am not one for numbers for numbers sake it is always nice to have a target figure in mind for the year. For me I wanted a 100 day (which I got earlier on in the year) and maybe 500 for the year. This soon came and went so I thought lets go for the 1000 crows (well rooks, jackdaws and carrions). Last week was a frustrating week and the swines wouldnt seem to decoy. I managed 2 on thursday night...not good.

Out and set up on friday morning at 4.45 and had some enjoyable shooting for 4-5 hours ending up with 54 (mix of jackdaws, rooks and carrions) and 5 magpies. Not all shown in the pic as lost a couple over the hedge into the maize.

This little fellow was crow (well jackdaw anyway) 1000. Hopefully I will have a few more by the end of the year...though work is going to get in the way for the next couple of months.

Crow%201000%2017.07.15_zpspxd1vap1.jpg

54%20crows%205%20magpies%2017.07.15_zpss

Cheers gents.

Well done mate,good bag :good:

Treasure that picture of the generic crow :lol::lol:there a special breed of corvid :lol: BB

:lol:i find that the generic crow is the best to shoot as it has some very different behaviour patterns (3 distinct ones that i have seen). i am also amazed by the size and colour variation of the generic crow :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, the magpies would make it more special for me though...well done and here's to 5000! ;)

Cheers mate. The farm where I shot these has shed loads of magpies. I have shot 30 so far since march and there are always 15-20 around the buildings.

I dont think the bank balance would be happy if I had to fund the cartridges required for me to get to 5000 :lol: