Findhorn Bay halt proposed ban on wildfowling.

TONY R

maybe a link in the off topic section instead might attract more views?

We already have two threads on this topic running - not something we normally allow. One is here and the other is in General Shooting Matters, which should provide adequate exposure to fowlers and non fowlers.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the majority of wildfowlers on this forum have voted. Non wildfowlers may not care.

Post 25 would indicate some none wildfowlers do care and i doubt the poster is unique in his attitude to this subject,

Take this as another bump to the top. We need 1000 if you can help please do Finhorn is a wonderfull wildfowling resourse and keeping it like it is now, gives wildfowling the chance to back down latter if need be, if its club and permits now, the next steps the club and permits under atack then it could be gone. Lets try and halt this.

That's correct, and a neat illustration of why we dont tend to have multiple threads in different areas on the same topic.

Its kind of admin to alow this in two sections thank you, and i am guesing its been alowed because they recognise the importance of this petition. This is very important to try and halt the closure of Finhorn to wildfowlers.

Even if you are not a wildfowler please vote, its not all about wildfowlers local or otherwise its the local comunity too, wildfowlers bring in much needed revinue to the area local busineses need the visiting guns. The small number of proposed permits wont bring in the cash they are taking now, this is a resourse to benefit the area and that area needs to keep using it.

Targeting and prosicuting any unsporting or inhumane unlawfull activity would surely work out cheaper, to monitor and be covered by curently employed council staff, rather than the expense of a permit scheme. It need leaving alone vote please.

And if i sound passionate about this area I AM. shot it for years and NO i dont want to lose it one bit.

I'm no wildfowler but I've signed the petition.

Has everyone signed the petition against EU legislation to tighten firearm controls, including semi-autos and "military-looking" firearms?

We've got to stick together as we are a minority even if all shooting disciplines are lumped together.

Yes i have you are right we just cant just sit on the fence and let it happen, we have to get active or we will be gradualy eroded away to nothing.

It's doing its rounds, I had a email off I guy I met a few years back, he sent the ban information and the link to the vote, I've not seen him for two years.

also watched the footage on u tube what the anti shooters have posted from a person's view who doesn't like shooting, it don't look good!

I've shot all these bays and much further north, pick a busy week and that sort of footage is run of the mill.

take this

https://youtu.be/fYGTAKfifVg

Same could be said about vertualy any place not just the bay, he got lucky with that footage and lets face it his other youtube stuff is anti in nature, if a fowler or any humane person had seen that rather than persue the poor thing for maximum impact it would have been dispatch quick and finished the job right there and then.

Edited by TONY R

Firstly please let me give a big thanks to all those who have voted. I do fully appropriate that this site not directly related to Wildfowling and a lot of people that have voted may never try it.

But I can assure it is very much appreciated. Thank you all.

Since I last posted my last thanks not much has changed.

If you have watched the video I can assure you that the goose was dispatched shortly after by the person that shot it, not by the person taking the video who only added to its distress hounding it with a camera. Once he had completed his filming he then advised the shooters looking for it where it was.

Seems this week a jogger in a ski mask decided to jog on the opposite bank of the local burn from shooters as it enters the bay.

He was asked to remove the mask and make his point but as you would expect there was more chance of finding rocking horse ****!!

Firstly please let me give a big thanks to all those who have voted. I do fully appropriate that this site not directly related to Wildfowling and a lot of people that have voted may never try it.

But I can assure it is very much appreciated. Thank you all.

Since I last posted my last thanks not much has changed.

If you have watched the video I can assure you that the goose was dispatched shortly after by the person that shot it, not by the person taking the video who only added to its distress hounding it with a camera. Once he had completed his filming he then advised the shooters looking for it where it was.

Seems this week a jogger in a ski mask decided to jog on the opposite bank of the local burn from shooters as it enters the bay.

He was asked to remove the mask and make his point but as you would expect there was more chance of finding rocking horse ****!!

Good to hear and if the camera man had given a damn about the bird other than his own agenda he would have handed the fowler it humanely dispatched and not prolonged its ordeal any longer than nessasary, cameraman has some warped double standards if you ask me.

789 and stalled!!

I have been monitoring it every spare minuet of every day.

Saw the the slow down in the response last weekend with a small flurry of interest mid week but now as you pointed out its down to a trickle.

Mid week sent a short e-mail the the editors of Sporting Gun and the Shooting Times but did not even get a response.

Must admit I did use a e-mail name that I use when not wanting any unwanted replies to my family e-mail address but got nothing back not even a request for a proper name and address to verify my letter.

Over the years the big name shooting magazines have indirectly promoted wildfowling on the bay by mentioning it in various articles and letters thus upping the numbers of visiting shooters and having and adverse effect on the local shooting.

Now that I ask for there help to promote a petition, not even one e-mail from them!!!

If you or any of your members have any suggestions as to how to get their assistance I am all ears.

I seen that with the end of the season the local minister was quick to post an other video on youtube regarding the peace on the bay!!!!

This is where the Americans win over us on beating attacks on their shooting sports, an attack on one branch of shooting is an attack on all of their shooting rights, they band together and make a formidable pressure group against anyone who tries to deny their them their rights.

If they manage to ban Wildfowling on Findhorn other groups of antis will look on that success and try the same thing elsewhere and your shoot could be next.

I voted on the Mirror poll on the Game shooting, i dont think i will ever go driven game shooting ( its not my cup of tea) but voted in favour of game shooting.

So every one from Wildfowlers to Ferreters, Pigeon guys, Air rifle shooters, Game shooters, Stalkers and anyone else who shoots should sign this petition....NOW

There are a lot more shooters and wildfowlers out there who have either not bothered to sign this through apathy or plain idlenes.

The antis got to 800 just locals we do very little more for a whole nation of shooters :lol: . Any antis reading these threads and there will be some, must be rubbing their hands, to see the weakness of the shooting world on an important issue like this. Its not about if you do or dont waterfowl hunt or if you ever want to go to the bay its about whats fair and right.

Just locals and we can barely match this national. Pathetic .

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/moray/785997/more-than-800-moray-reidents-call-for-halt-to-goose-shoot-on-nature-reserve/

Edited by TONY R

This is where the Americans win over us on beating attacks on their shooting sports, an attack on one branch of shooting is an attack on all of their shooting rights, they band together and make a formidable pressure group against anyone who tries to deny their them their rights.

If they manage to ban Wildfowling on Findhorn other groups of antis will look on that success and try the same thing elsewhere and your shoot could be next.

I voted on the Mirror poll on the Game shooting, i dont think i will ever go driven game shooting ( its not my cup of tea) but voted in favour of game shooting.

So every one from Wildfowlers to Ferreters, Pigeon guys, Air rifle shooters, Game shooters, Stalkers and anyone else who shoots should sign this petition....NOW

So true - APATHY WILL KILL SHOOTING !

Personally I think we should have only one governing body - that I feel would make the defence of shooting easier !