Hide material

greenergp

The pink and purple flowers will look a bit out of place on a winters saltmarsh.

If you intend using it as a portable hide I have an idea that, being closely woven it will act a bit like a sail in a strong wind but if you`re thinking more along the lines of a fixed "butt" type of hide it should work quite well.

Just leave out the daisies.

Rain might make it a bit heavy?

That was my first thought, guess you could submerge it in thomsons water seal or similar try and make it a bit resistant.

What about that green plastic mesh they put round trees thread reeds in and out the mesh that might be good similar to this but probably a bit more water resistant as it comes. how much do you think this would weigh

Hi

I'm not a Wildfowler but the nylon debris netting used on scaffolding may be worth investigating. I use the green version to hang deer under to stop flies getting involved before I can sort out.

Should be easy enough to thread in local flora to break up any outline and being nylon just a rinse with a hose would take out any salt/mud............just thinking.......and would roll up nice and light...

L

Hi

I'm not a Wildfowler but the nylon debris netting used on scaffolding may be worth investigating. I use the green version to hang deer under to stop flies getting involved before I can sort out.

Should be easy enough to thread in local flora to break up any outline and being nylon just a rinse with a hose would take out any salt/mud............just thinking.......and would roll up nice and light...

I use this stuff tie wrapped to my army scrum net and it does the job adding very little bulk and weight.

L

With any hide the important thing is that they blend with their background, are durable enough to stand a bit of rough handling, light enough for easy transport, can be kept under control in a high wind and are easy to put up and take down. Last winter when after geese i could not beleve one guy who turned up with a dark green army style camo hide that was more like a block house about 10 x 10 and put it up on a flat green meadow. needless to say he never got a bird. Over the years I have tried all sorts from fruit netting to ex army camo , but for all the messing about I do not think you can beat a good stealth leaf\ reed style pattened hide in the right colour for the background you are going to shoot against.