SGC Renewal time

Salopian

Could anyone enlighten me please?

What is the current time scale for shotgun renewals?

I am told that West Mercia are now quoting 9 months??????

Surely this is an unacceptable wait ?

I have a friend who needed a renewal in February, he sent off an application six weeks before , cheque cashed within three days , still no licence , unable to buy guns or cartridges and advised that it may be October before his application is processed.

Is this a gameplan to highlight the need for less firearms in the public domain or a price increase to employ more staff at the licensing authority?

Am I correct in thinking that a Section7 only allows you to retain your gun /s but not use them, sell them , buy cartridges, or go out and use your guns until your new licence arrives?

You can use your SG but wont be able to buy carts.Plus a S7 can not be issued until your license expires (BASC will confirm that).I called into Durham on the day mine ran out as the new licence had not been processed.I was told "come back tomorrow morning as your licence is still valid till midnight and we aint open then sunshine)" Oh so its ok to illegally hold a shot gun from midnight till 9:00 the next morning or when they can be ***** to call you to say the S7 is ready.The best thing i ever did was to surrender my SGC/FAC.It now clearly a joke right across the UK,not looking good for you boys. Edited by Davyo

Isn't it weird that however strict and 'no nonsense matter of fact' officialdom claims everything regarding firearms and their licensing is, there is still no logic or consistency between differing licensing authorities, with little or no regard for what official HO advice is?
I have just today been issued with two S7's despite my current tickets still being valid until mid October, and I am getting my current tickets back tomorrow so I can buy a shotgun I have put down a deposit on instead of having to wait nine months until my new ones are issued.
It's the only reason I asked for them back as I told
him I have plenty of mates who will buy me shotgun cartridges.
I was issued S7's despite holding expanding ammo, which apparently is illegal to do so without a proper ticket.
According to this thread the issuing of S7's is not supposed to happen either, prior to the expiration of a current ticket, and now someone has also claimed you can buy cartridges with a S7.
My FAC S7 states it is a 'permit to possess a firearm ( not plural I note ) and/or ammunition', but doesn't specify what type of ammunition.
My SGC S7 states 'permit to possess shot guns (plural) but doesn't mention anything about ammunition.
Personally, I see no point in being able to possess anything if you're not allowed to use it, and if most of what is claimed above is true, then many of us have broken the law on many occasions.
You couldn't make this up could you?
No wonder confusion reigns.
I am rapidly losing interest in what should or should not be done, and simply carry on as before regardless. The only things S7's prevent me from doing is buying rifle ammunition. I can even still sell or buy firearms, although I have of course to wait for new tickets before actual transferal.

I wonder what the daily rags would make of it all....perhaps that's what it's going to take to get things sorted, one way or another?

Edited by Scully

My mate put in for renewal 10 months ago flo phones him up 3 months later and does the check etc on the phone not got time to come out

All OK

Ticket will be with you soon this was may

He had a letter today to say your ticket has gone to your flo to see see what shotguns w

You have

This was discussed on the phone call the flo made months ago

And also the shotguns were named on the renewal forms

My mate says …........... Confused

South Wales:

I'm on a temporary from the start of this month until December.

To be fail: they were struggling with the workload when there were 6 of them, now there are two (and they work weekends).

I want my new license, but the guys are only human (and they're both nice guys (and don't count tea and chocolate Hobnobs as bribes)).