Seat Leon

Gunman

Daughter had a 1.6 sport. It seemed as if it need an extra gear to change up. Subsequently it seemed to be a bit thirsty on petrol. I didn't like the bucket seats and the road noise or the fact that it had a blind spot in the rear view mirror. We did have a fault develope where a relay situated in a tucked away place down behind the right footwell went down and disabled random things. It took us a fair time to analyze this fault and find the faulty relay. Other than that it was ok. Just another clone box. But then you could drive 10 cars, love 6 and hate 4. The way cars in general are now is that they are great when they work and very expensive if they go wrong. Mainly down to electrical sensors and problems which are very difficult to find the root cause of.

Edited by fortune

I drive a lot of brand new cars due to the amount of travel I do with work. Audi's, VW's, Seats.........pretty much every make and model. Personally find the Seats great, generally get a lot of bang for your buck. VW's, Audi's are just relying on they're brand reputation to sell you an overpriced car with interior that is dated big style uneless you pay silly money for optional extras.

Last Seat I drove was a Leon Fr diesel-talk about wolf in sheeps clothing! Nice to drive, lots of nice kit, looks very understated, but hit the gas and they are absolute weapons! Huge torque. I personally highly rate them.

That's my opinion on them anyway mate.

Bro in law is on his second, loves them

Had the Astra GTC and wasn't struck so went back to the Leon

He has the FR TDI, 170+ BHP, 50+ MPG, £20 year tax,

Are you on about new or second hand?

I have the Altea FR, (Golf +) same engine and power but as mine is one of the first (2006) it's £215 road tax

The 170 BHP feels like more because of the torque.......

Lift the bonnet and its full of VW stamped parts.

:shaun:

It is basically an Audi A3 or Golf without the price tag. My wife had a succession of new Golfs and then after test driving a new Golf and a new Seat bought the latter and never regretted it. We now have a Skoda Octavia which is basically the same car. Heated leather seats. climate control, sunroof, all the trimmings and about six grand less than the identically spec'd Audi. And bizarrely the Skoda scores higher than the Audi for reliability.

Other than body work parts check out a part number for a Golf, A3, Leon or Octavia and they are identical.

Just traded my Leon tdi in today

Brilliant cars, great mpg 55-60 all day long and I didn't hang about in it either.

Mine had the technology pack, so dab radio and a great sat nav. Only thing I didn't like was the CD player was in the glove box😟...

The only reason I tried it in was because my wife struggled getting in and out of it because they seem lower to the ground then the likes of the focus or golf. Just got a Nissan qashqai.

Can't speak highly enough of the Leon.

No trouble what's so ever in 3 years and nearly 57k miles

Agree, but the Skoda's are better again...

And are the best of all the VW group.

Audi and VW are way over priced for what you get.

Regards the last bit; don't knock it. Let the Audi owners pay the 'smug tax' and keep the Skodas and Seats cheaper for those who know that they are the same components assembled by the same company :lol: