area-calculator

cloud9

I found this site on another forum BSA owners go on its great for working out how many acers you have in total i just worked out how many me xscode and baku share we have 204.477 acers so far why dont we all do i poll to see what all our members have in total so just add your total to the running total the site to work out your acers is ....

http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm

the running total is 204.477 acers

This is pretty stupid.

I used to shoot over thousands of acres, but it always came down to the same few fields at the end of the day.

Quality, not Quantity.

330 acres... Pretty neat tool!

You're right... You get to know the hotspots. Where it's worthwhile, and where it's not. I've not even visited some of the fields on my permission yet - Purely because they're open fields with little enclosure, therefore little chance of many bunnies.

I found this site on another forum BSA owners go on its great for working out how many acers you have in total i just worked out how many me xscode and baku share we have 204.477 acers so far why dont we all do i poll to see what all our members have in total so just add your total to the running total the site to work out your acers is ....

http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm

the running total is 204.477 acers

LoL :look: , it was me that posted it on BSAOG. I'm pleased you like it but I'm sure it was on this site (PW) that I found it. :look:

What goes around, comes around. :D

LoL :D , it was me that posted it on BSAOG. I'm pleased you like it but I'm sure it was on this site (PW) that I found it. :look:

What goes around, comes around. ???

lol it is a great tool works well if you put the points in the right place :look: :D

This is pretty stupid.

I used to shoot over thousands of acres, but it always came down to the same few fields at the end of the day.

Quality, not Quantity.

Spot on - there's sod all point bragging about having X thousand acres, when actually you visit it once a week for a bit of fair weather shooting, the farmer spends a fortune on pigeon mitigation in your absence, and you contain your shooting to a few select areas on the holding. I've reduced my permission down to 460 acres. I know every square inch of it almost intimately, and patrol it with great enthusiasm. I had permission on 6,000 acres, and found the effort it took to do a decent job of vermin control pretty detrimental to my social and family life.

That website is not accurate - not even remotely. I use top-end digital mapping and GIS programmes every day, and unless it feeds off current Ordnance Survey data (or other reputable source), it's just misleading.

Interesting tool.

Worked my permissions out at 4,217.629 acres excluding friends I help shoot over as well as the wildfowling marshes of the clubs I belong to. No wonder I never spend time at home :blink:

SS

I am very suprised you got up that high, as a Surveyor I thought you only knew how to take away. :blink: