What do do with crows?

ferretmanabu

Generally when on drillings or if they are on the soft barley when they are doing their worst damage, after shooting I hang them on the fence or leave them lying on the field belly up, I also usually take a few plastic bags with me and tie up on fences nears to damaged areas to try and keep others off. I understand not every one is keen to display on fences, but I can tell you that all of the shooting I have I got, is from preventing crop damage and usually any farmer is always pleased to see you are making a real effort for him. And I believe it leads to excellant relationship with the farmers.

Hammy

Perhaps the most sensible idea yet!! I always put deer gralloch in the same place, within rifle shot of a high seat and shoot foxes over it, so I suppose corvids and smelly dead pigeons, which have outlived their use as decoys, would suit the same purpose. So the answer is to make a stink pit, provided the landowner knows about it.

Perhaps the most sensible idea yet!! I always put deer gralloch in the same place, within rifle shot of a high seat and shoot foxes over it, so I suppose corvids and smelly dead pigeons, which have outlived their use as decoys, would suit the same purpose. So the answer is to make a stink pit, provided the landowner knows about it.

invector, ah good idea mate is to put your graloch or any other dead stuff in one of them old wire bins, wire it on to a fence post and it means that fox will spend hours tryin to paw it out, works great at first light for lamp shy fox and cubs, iv shot as many as 7 fox in a morning that way

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...