what cartridges?

iamspartacus

right, i've read other threads about what cartridges everyone uses but no-one really says why. I suppose what i want to know is why the eley hb pigeon is so popular? I haven't used this cartridge but i want to try something else (have been using some express special game) and im begrudged to buy in quantities any less than 1000 so id appreciate some info if any of you guys can help?

I use Gamebore Clear Pigeon in 30gm loads with a fibre wad, for pigeon, clays (don't go often) and game shooting. :yp:

There are probably lots of technical and ballistic reasons why I should use them, but I originally bought them because they were cheap and Gamebore is a good "name".

When I used them, I achieved a very good shot to kill ratio and so confidence was born.

Having confidence in the cartridge, is why I still use them.

I am not a cartridge "tart" and don't rush around trying loads of different brands, loads, shot sizes, etc.

Perhaps if I had bought Eley HB Pigeon cartridges that day, I would have had the same good shot to kill ratio and still be using them now.

Gamebore Clear Pigeon , I'm with Cranners on this one good hard hitting cart and fairly cheap . Although I hate using Gamebore clay carts and have been using Victory (made in cyprus) carts for my clay shooting , cheap and they do the job . Had to switch as Eley Firsts would jam up in the semi which also happened to a few members with semis at the clay club .

Gamebore Clear pigeon 30g all the time

I have (as most of us) been a cartridge "Tart" and there is some good looking ones on the market with sweet colours and Big Brass bits YEEEEEEE HAAAAA

Oops got side tracked there

Yes Gamebore Clear pigeon 30g 6's still around at £30 a box and after a 100 shot day you can come home without loose fillings and a black shoulder With a boot full of pigeons and wabbits

WB

I use RC SIPE plas 6 shot. I prefer them to the Hull sterling or Express Supreme Loads even the gamebore Extreme. But value for money i think Kent Velocity 32g plas 6 shot made by Gamebore although the prices have gone up recently. dont get me wrong this is not the best cartridge in the world but its the same as a Clear Pigeon load and a little cheaper and consistant and does the job well.

Edited by Ears

I use Eley HB 32g 6 1/2 because they pattern really well in my AL 390 with a 1/4 choke!!!

Dont know if the carts but since i switched to them from gamebore 32g 6,s i seem to getting more and cleaner kills!!!! :yp:

Cheers,

Brian....

yep thats what we use good carts and i got my first squizza with one :devil::devil: