How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Nice to meet Dave (DSPUK) today at Kingsley :yes: As has already been mentioned, Ron and I decided to give Kingsley Moor a whirl today mainly so that Ron could show his new Hatstand semi-auto :lol: Ron started out on blistering form but then made me carry his cartridge bag for the last half of the round as he was clearly cream-crackered and finished on a steady 70. After a shaky start I pulled things together to finish on an 82 so might be in with a shout of some B class honours :lol:

After Kingsley I met up with Whiskymac at Catton Hall. Although the car park seemed pretty full when we arrived, James or Simon at the ground seemed underwhelmed by the attendance but with the Inter-Counties at Doveridge also on today i think that most of the local grounds probably suffered a little. Another decent round at Catton though to finish on an 83 and Whiskymac shot his socks off to finish on a 79 :good:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

85 ex 100 on random stands today at Coniston, just had 4 on most of the available traps, :lol: spotted Paulos there he had shot 93 ex 100 on the registered skeet doubles, and was not a happy bunny :lol: . from Auntie.

Well shot Auntie :good: Turns out that 93 was enough for joint 1st in Yorkshire, but I lost the shoot-off so had to settle for runner up. :lol:

The day was made worse when a doddery owd **** smashed my wing mirror on the way back and then sped off. :yes:

Hi all

Sport - Trap for me today at Rufforth

Targets were a bit more rangey than usual but all hittable and the shoot was better for it :yes: .

Finshed on 91 (23,24,22,22) h/g was a 93.

There weren't that many entries though, was there a good shoot on somewhere in the north that i missed :good::lol:

Azzurri.

Nice to meet Dave (DSPUK) today at Kingsley :yes: As has already been mentioned, Ron and I decided to give Kingsley Moor a whirl today mainly so that Ron could show his new Hatstand semi-auto :D Ron started out on blistering form but then made me carry his cartridge bag for the last half of the round as he was clearly cream-crackered and finished on a steady 70. After a shaky start I pulled things together to finish on an 82 so might be in with a shout of some B class honours :hmm:

After Kingsley I met up with Whiskymac at Catton Hall. Although the car park seemed pretty full when we arrived, James or Simon at the ground seemed underwhelmed by the attendance but with the Inter-Counties at Doveridge also on today i think that most of the local grounds probably suffered a little. Another decent round at Catton though to finish on an 83 and Whiskymac shot his socks off to finish on a 79 :good:

paulos Posted Today, 03:56 PM

QUOTE (100milesaway @ Sep 26 2010, 03:32 PM) *

85 ex 100 on random stands today at Coniston, just had 4 on most of the available traps, nugget.gif spotted Paulos there he had shot 93 ex 100 on the registered skeet doubles, and was not a happy bunny nugget.gif . from Auntie.

Well shot Auntie good.gif Turns out that 93 was enough for joint 1st in Yorkshire, but I lost the shoot-off so had to settle for runner up. sad.gif

The day was made worse when a doddery owd **** smashed my wing mirror on the way back and then sped off. evilmad.gif

Azzurri Posted Today, 04:11 PM

Hi all

Sport - Trap for me today at Rufforth

Targets were a bit more rangey than usual but all hittable and the shoot was better for it good.gif .

Finshed on 91 (23,24,22,22) h/g was a 93.

There weren't that many entries though, was there a good shoot on somewhere in the north that i missed laugh.gif laugh.gif

Azzurri.

Well shot chaps , especially NickyT ,Whiskymac, Paulos ,Azzurri & Auntie :yes::lol:

Shot the club fitasc at Caerwys today with Jay :hmm:

Came away high gun on a 89 :D shot 47-50 in the morning then 42-50 in the afternoon :lol:

Jay came second in B class on a 75 :lol:

Good day for the Maglads ?

Edited by magman

Shot the club fitasc at Caerwys today with Jay :lol:

Came away high gun on a 89 :yes: shot 47-50 in the morning then 42-50 in the afternoon :yes:

Jay came second in B class on a 75 :good:

Cracking shooting Magmen :lol: :lol:

Club FITASC hey :D You'll have to get yourselves down to Coniston on the 24th October for the North of England FITASC :hmm:

Well shot Auntie :good: Turns out that 93 was enough for joint 1st in Yorkshire, but I lost the shoot-off so had to settle for runner up. :lol:

The day was made worse when a doddery owd **** smashed my wing mirror on the way back and then sped off. :yes:

I assume you mean on the ride home and not in the car park. I always drive with my mirrors tucked in on the sngle track bits on the lanes back.I don't know how iv'e escaped unscathed, it's quite tight in places. from Auntie.Well shot all you guys today.

Cracking shooting Magmen :lol: :lol:

Club FITASC hey :hmm: You'll have to get yourselves down to Coniston on the 24th October for the North of England FITASC :lol:

Too late for the FITASC, I was told today that they are fully booked - with a waiting list of 15 people! :good:

It was on the drive home Auntie. I pulled in to let him through and he just blitzed past, in the middle of the road, without pulling over to his side. The mirror folded in but the glass shattered. :yes:

Edited by paulos

Shot the club fitasc at Caerwys today with Jay :D

Came away high gun on a 89 :yes: shot 47-50 in the morning then 42-50 in the afternoon :yes:

Jay came second in B class on a 75 :good:

Good day for the Maglads ?

A very good day for the Maglads indeed, HG at a FITASC shoot is an achievement you should be very very proud of Rob. :lol::lol::lol::hmm:

Wish I'd been with you to be honest, shot the inter-counties at Doveridge with a number of stands similar to but softer than the recent British Open, am pleased to report my score was higher than the British, am ashamed to report that the improvement was marginal, the grand total of 4 clays to leave me on a dismal 71. Deep shame, I certainly didn't do my bit for the Cheshire team today :hmm::D :( Doveridge was very kind to me earlier in the year an 89 and an 85, now it's gone from friend to foe a 67 and a 71.

Enough of my woes, again congrats to Team Mag and all who were out today.

Mr Potter

:yes: Well, im on nights and woke up at 13.30 so decided to do some skeet!!! Theres a club less than 3 miles from my house, DangerousDave came along.

I was inpsired by last weeks 24 at dartford so was determined to do a 25 straight,

First round i managed a 23 with lead, then second round I did it!!! 25 straight,...using STEELS!!!! I then did another round and did a 23 again!!! DUH....the wind and rain was horrendous so I was chuffed!!!!

23,25,23 would liked to have done a 4th round!!!

DangerousDave managed a 19, 21,and 19....not bad at his third attempt!!!!!

Well......I went out Sunday morning to Goodwood ClayGround West Sussex and I may as well have just taken 2 boxes of blanks with me!!!! :oops:

I did the first 3 stands and NOTHING!

I did the 4th stand and got 1/10!!

and the 5th stand Feather and fur - (my favourite) I got 4 bunnies and a bird :lol:;)

Not a happy boy.

I'm my defence, I have got an eye infection but it's not affecting my vision unless in strong sunlight also I haven't been out shooting for over 3 weeks but bloody hell guys - SIX clays outta FIFTY :yes: , Defo a bad bad day , Cant wait to get the new choke back for my semi .

I feel I've really let the side down guys/gals but at least it can only get better huh?

atvb

sg1

Some tricky stuff and one impossible bird - must have been 60+ yards. I doubt if there will be any 90's there today

My 12 year old started on that - bit of a mistake! Didn't let his head drop though and finished on a bit of a high on stands at other end after taking a break. He was a bit disappointed but realised that it was his first competition proper and is sure to improve with experience. Other guns were really supportive which we've always found at Northall so thanks to them.

Shame I didn't know you were going Bigweed otherwise would have said hello.

Cheers

Gillaroo

98/100 on Skeet today - 24,24,25,25 - dropped 3 high and 6 high single - what a plonker !!!

Then on for 78/100 in the Kent Championship sport trap - first time i've i tried it so not bad

Very well shot Bigweed! the ton can't be far off! :)

I just about scraped an 85 on the skeet today :(, tried a round with Reefcat's K80, very very nice gun, i still can't believe how little recoil there is for an O\U. :good:

Jon.

Went to shugborough with chard and anni today, got a bit wet but a very enjoyable shoot, I dropped a few singles that should have been clearances and made a complete mess of one trap but was happy enough with how I shot & a second overall in B class when I left.

Timps 78

Chard 77

Anni 75

:good: