How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Come on then Rich tell us all how you got on today now your shooting with the big boys in A class :hmm::hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My normal A Class magnificence will be resumed in due course <_<

Don't seem to have quite got it together yet :lol:

Good shoot at Shugborough, some tough stuff again and a bit treacherous underfoot :o

Scores on the ******* doors :

Mr Potter - 86 :good: Well shot with your cheap ****ty cartridges :P

Son of Potter - 75 (I think) :hmm: Bit out of practice I think chap :oops:

Chard - 73 :rolleyes: Suspiciously B Class :lol:

Timps - 72 :lol: Gimp

There were quite a lot of low scores there, I'll be interested to see the sheet when it goes on the CPSA site.

Best bit was watching Timps chase his 5 Series BMW down the hill when it started sliding on ice (me and him weren't in it).

Laaaarf, I nearly followed through :lol:

Anni was being a mincer and didn't come. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My normal A Class magnificence will be resumed in due course <_<

Don't seem to have quite got it together yet :lol:

Good shoot at Shugborough, some tough stuff again and a bit treacherous underfoot :o

Scores on the ******* doors :

Mr Potter - 86 :good: Well shot with your cheap ****ty cartridges :P

Son of Potter - 75 (I think) :hmm: Bit out of practice I think chap :oops:

Chard - 73 :rolleyes: Suspiciously B Class :lol:

Timps - 72 :lol: Gimp

There were quite a lot of low scores there, I'll be interested to see the sheet when it goes on the CPSA site.

Best bit was watching Timps chase his 5 Series BMW down the hill when it stated sliding on ice (me and him weren't in it). Laugh, I nearly followed through :lol:

Rich I think the scores were quite low on average as it was a tough shoot. but your right about how difficult it was to drive on the drive as I tought my car would **** it up there as I had 8 thou of cartridges in the boot, but all it did was take the load off the front wheels and I was going no place up the hill.

Still you all shot well considering the conditions and if I didnt miss 4 on stand 10 then I might have won it, but I didnt have 6 numbers on the lottery either :good::good:

Rich I think the scores were quite low on average as it was a tough shoot. but your right about how difficult it was to drive on the drive as I tought my car would **** it up there as I had 8 thou of cartridges in the boot, but all it did was take the load off the front wheels and I was going no place up the hill.

Still you all shot well considering the conditions and if I didnt miss 4 on stand 10 then I might have won it, but I didnt have 6 numbers on the lottery either :good::good:

:P Yes, I missed 4 on stand 10, the 4 high loopers. Apparently it needed a ****-load of lead, but to give it a ****-load, you'd be shooting the tree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of us did well on that, think it might have been Mr Potter, he might even have straighted it :good:

Thoroughly enjoyable shoot which I thought a little bit stiffer (no sniggering at the back Chard) than usual, as was Catton last week :good: The boy aka Son of Potter was a bit rusty having not shot for 3 months (but had still managed to get back into AA class) and was disappointed to finish on 75. Chard and Timps were steady for their 73 and 72 respectively although Timps really needs a pool shoot to start his day after a lowly 1 on our first stand :oops:

I was reasonably pleased with my 86 and must admit I was sure I'd be well in the prizes in A class, returned my card to the clubhouse and was a bit gutted to see that, although the scores were down on usual, there was a 92 and an 88 already in A class. When we left that 92 was HG so I might pick something up but was left pondering on the 1 away on four of the stands!!!.

Chard's reference to my cheap ****ty carts was about my switch to Modena carts which I have just bought 2000 of. They are reputed to be made by Eley's parent company in either Spain or Italy and having tried 250 over the last 2/3 weeks I cannot in all honesty tell the difference between them and my usual Eley Superbs, real difference is the cost, £129.5 against £182 for the Superbs :yes::yes:

Mr Potter (now being known as Daisy's Grandfather)

Edited by Mr Potter

shot the "league" shoot today managed 27/50 had a couple of poor stands on the "easy" ones, but then tough ones did as well as the pro's and managed to beat a couple of coaches on one stand! :yes: :yp: :P what does one call a clay that comes from 70 yards out and lands 15 yards in front of the peg? I call it dusted...... missed some sitter crossers tho

Edited by HDAV

Had an enjoyable mooch round Kingsley Moor with Timps, Chard, Ainsley and Whiskymac :yes:

Thought that it was going to be one of those days when i dropped 8 in total on the first two stands, but pulled things together to only drop 9 on the remaining 12 stands to finish on an 83. Highlights of the day included the usual torrent of abuse incurred whilst shooting with Chard and the ref on stand 8 who was the spit of Garth out of Waynes World!

Timps and Chard both finished on 75, Whiskymac put in a blinding 71 after a few solid months of not shooting and Ainsley did himself proud with a 64 (i think) in only his second registered comp :good:

Had an enjoyable mooch round Kingsley Moor with Timps, Chard, Ainsley and Whiskymac :yes:

Thought that it was going to be one of those days when i dropped 8 in total on the first two stands, but pulled things together to only drop 9 on the remaining 12 stands to finish on an 83. Highlights of the day included the usual torrent of abuse incurred whilst shooting with Chard and the ref on stand 8 who was the spit of Garth out of Waynes World!

Timps and Chard both finished on 75, Whiskymac put in a blinding 71 after a few solid months of not shooting and Ainsley did himself proud with a 64 (i think) in only his second registered comp :good:

Looks like Scott and Ainsley shot the best today :yes:

Nicky in third :P

As for Chard and Timps very average :lol:

I was worse than average, for some reason I cannot shoot Kingsley, I started off badly, had a good mid section then the less said about the end the better.

I did enjoy the scoring on the 2nd stand we shot as much as I enjoyed chard driving at the bollards on the way there. :)

Fauxdegla, a man's shoot, for me today very cold but dry & sunny. Not very busy early on but as I was finishing shooters were turning up from Kingsley & Leadbrook.

Shot an 82 which I suspect was respectable (my mate was winning the class with an 83 when we left) but I don't expect a class place, we'll see when the results go up on the website.

Mr Potter

It's like a handicap shoot, going round with this motley crowd of bellends :P

No wonder I'm shooting like a ****, putting up with this lot <_<

Bit of a giraffe today, but I'm still not getting it together :lol:

75 for me, very careless, throwing easy stuff away on too many stands. Only straighted one stand, which says it all. :rolleyes:

75 is however, an A Class score :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I mention that I'm in A Class? :oops: