How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a straight anywhere is hard - concentration and all that.

The targets at JJS ain't gimmies mind you either. Fair play to the fella, he could go places if he wanted to joint he CPSA and put 30k miles on his car and win a net of about 2 bob :good:

I agree,

Yet getting a straight at a sporting ground where the birds are the same each week is like getting a straight at skeet. It requires massive concentration. At the Offton shoot before christmas I shot a 29/30 and the one clay that was missed was a straight forward going away bird that should have been in the bag having straighted that particular stand twice before.

However a slip of the mind and the possibility of a straight has gone, and that was only 30 birds not 84 or 96 like JJ's

Getting a straight anywhere is hard - concentration and all that.

The targets at JJS ain't gimmies mind you either. Fair play to the fella, he could go places if he wanted to joint he CPSA and put 30k miles on his car and win a net of about 2 bob :yes:

MC, Mung said "targets" :good:

My last 3 efforts at Aylsham gun club have been 7/50, 26/50, 11/50.

I'm not sure what happened yesterday for the 11 again after seeing a marked improvement both there and in free practice at Mid Norfolk - I blame the new cartridges! :yes::good:

Overall - only been 4 times but things are slowly improving....I no longer have a bruised cheek from poor mount which is nice however I feel I might need the comb lowering a little so will sort out out getting fitted for it when I get some spare cash. I mounted another bettinsoli with adjustable comb (set slightly lower than mine) and it felt a little more comfortable.

Well he has had long enough to think them up,

How about writing Vol.2 Pete?

Or was the wheeze on claysporting about you starting shooting in 1990 just so you would fit in with the elite after your ban :o :lol:;)

???:good: Ya, I had a dabble during a summer a long time ago, until it got curtailed by a slight legal issue :yes: I think it was '89 actually, or thereabouts. I can't recall mentioning that on the other site BTW, are you stalking me!! ?????? I've only two years of experience to dream up excuses, I could easily have popped into Caterham and picked up £80 prize money like I do everytime I've shot there, but I decided to do a much harder shoot for the experience. ;)

No not stalking you at all,

However I do have an eye for detail and do pick up on certain things like "I have only been shooting 15 months " when in reality I started in 1990. At least I am honest and will tell anyone I have been shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun.

Allow me to refresh your memory

Peter_De_La_Mare

PostPost subject: Re: Bring back gun down

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Gun down here, was the way I was introduced taught back in '90. I find gun up actually quite hard, unless it's a DTL type bird. I also shoot ESK gun down, and have a few 25 straights in practice.

Edited by MC

However I do have an eye for detail and do pick up on certain things like "I have only been shooting 15 months " when in reality I started in 1990. At least I am honest and will tell anyone I have been shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun.

Gun down here, was the way I was introduced taught back in '90.

That was Pete's brother :P

Peter_De_La_Mare

PostPost subject: Re: Bring back gun down

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Gun down here, was the way I was introduced taught back in '90. I find gun up actually quite hard, unless it's a DTL type bird. I also shoot ESK gun down, and have a few 25 straights in practice.

Surely this was Pete's brother?

:yes: Your eye for detail obviously missed all the times I mentioned that here over the last two years. :P:yes: Yes, I did a summer's worth of shooting when I was 18, then I was forced to stop, then I moved to England in '97 and took it up again when a work buddy started in January '08. So not sure how much skill I gained in a few months 20 years ago (not much obviously) so just to keep it nice and simple I disregard the earlier period. :oops:

:yes: Your eye for detail obviously missed all the times I mentioned that here over the last two years. :P:lol: Yes, I did a summer's worth of shooting when I was 18, then I was forced to stop, then I moved to England in '97 and took it up again when a work buddy started in January '08. So not sure how much skill I gained in a few months 20 years ago (not much obviously) so just to keep it nice and simple I disregard the earlier period. :oops:

You're beginning to sound like Mungler, who likes to "disregard" his CPSA classification of "A" class in Sporting when it is expedient to do so..!! :yes::yes:

Cat.

He's been at it 20 years :P

I suppose it just makes Grimsthorp that little bit sweeter :lol:

He can have another crack at the Daddy title this year, Im not that harsh ;)

That is precisely what I meant, 6-7 weeks out of 20 years is nothing to worry about is it?

He won't have another crack at becoming the Daddy will he? He can't handle the "Event Anxiety" :oops::yes: :yes: :yes: