Valentine's Dinner

Doc Holliday

As the 14th approaches I've already got my menu planned as to what I'll be cooking the other half for her three course dinner this year. For starters it will be home made french onion soup from an authentic recipe, Surf & Turf using scallops and either a nice thick piece of ribeye (preferably) or fillet steak served with saffron sauce, asparagus and possibly sumo chips or some other veg (the only thing I haven't decided on yet) and for pud it will be home made orange ripple ice cream with cointreau.

Anyone else giving the missus a break from the kitchen and trying their hand at making her a special dinner?

As the 14th approaches I've already got my menu planned as to what I'll be cooking the other half for her three course dinner this year. For starters it will be home made french onion soup from an authentic recipe, Surf & Turf using scallops and either a nice thick piece of ribeye (preferably) or fillet steak served with saffron sauce, asparagus and possibly sumo chips or some other veg (the only thing I haven't decided on yet) and for pud it will be home made orange ripple ice cream with cointreau.

Anyone else giving the missus a break from the kitchen and trying their hand at making her a special dinner?

Mrs Holliday is a very lucky lady!... all the thought you're putting in to this is very sweet!

As my missus has only cooked about 5 times in 15 years I reckon it should be her who is doing the cooking.

Although I am not that keen on french onion soup I wouldn't mind coming round yours for my dinner Doc :oops:

MC, the french onion soup will be to die for (as will all of it with any luck). I'm hoping to start cooking around 4pm so we won't be sitting down to eat at 10 which is the norm when I try 3 courses.

And thanks yani. The OH looks after me very well every other day of the year so it's the least I can do. BTW, I do usually cook on a saturday evening but only stuff like risotto or pasta or morrocan lamb (that's my signature dish) :lol:

I take it that french onion soup doesn't make your female **** as badly as it does mine, would be the perfect way to ruin the evening for me :lol:

She lets rip without a second thought for me or the dog. Has done for many a year now. I think it must have been at least 2 years before she ****** in front of me and even that was in her sleep.

I do most of the cooking so like MC it would be nice to see the wife having a go. But I just know i'll be in there doing something.

Last year was home made deep fried brie served with cranberry and coleslaw and a salad, followed by medallions of fillet steak served on wilted spinach with a morel, brandy and crème fraiche sauce and served with creamed mash potato, then finally followed by a crème brûlée.

I do most of the cooking so like MC it would be nice to see the wife do something. But I just know i'll be in there doing something.

Last year was home made deep fried brie served with cranberry and coleslaw and a salad, followed by medallions of fillet steak served on wilted spinach with a morel, brandy and crème fraiche sauce and served with creamed mash potato, then finally followed by a crème brûlée.

That sounds beautiful... Making me very hungry!

Well as am working it will most probs be a sandwich out of whatever i can find in the fridge.

As i wont get in untill late and everyone else will have eating.

Anyway every other sat night is like Valentines day for Mrs Sweepy

As Sweepy always cooks on a saturday night . And i must admit his pretty darn good at it too. :lol:

xxxSuzy

I thought about making a romantic weekend of it, but after I knock off work at 03.00 Sat morning, go hare culling all Sat then flighting a few pigeons in, on the **** in Leeds Sat night with the lads on a stop over, a few social clays Sun afto and O/T Sun on nights I thought sod it. It's all about priorities.

Yeah well the g/f may get something special probily along the pigeon sausages line i have tonnes of those!

most likley weel be off to the ciema theres a fim she likes and she asked if we can go watch it, a couple of hours of st trinians 2 :lol: but what really worries me is she says it will remind her of her school days...... :oops::lol::lol::lol:

I seem to be doing most of the cooking nowadays but, as she is 6 months pregnant, I will let it go.

I'll be cooking one of the wife's favorites, Leg of Lamb. I'll put it in in the morning before going claying to slow cook covered in apricot jam. Then, when I get back, I'll add the roasted potatoes and parsnips and cook the caramelized carrots, cauliflower cheese and brocoli( which I'll have to eat myself as she does not like it). Ice cream for dessert.