Split heels and cracked soles

Toombsy

Need help!

Over the past year I've tried all sorts of pharmacy remedies to deal with split heels but now it's getting beyond a joke.

On Saturday I took my kids out for a walk and when I got back my socks were dripping in blood after the cracks in the heels got too deep.

Anyone got any tips that work cos this is getting damn painful :oops:

See if you can get QV feet heel balm one application overnight did it for me,but you might have to go to Ozz or NZ to get it .Would be worth making enquiries. made by EGO pharmacueticals (uk) Ltd.Windsor Park, London SW192TJ or www.egopharm.com.Good luck and you have my sympathy it efin hurts dont it. :oops:

Have a search for diets that will help prevent the cracks rather than just treating the cracks i.e. increase your intake of zinc, vitamin E, calcium and omega 3 fatty acids. Also drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated. If you are overweight it will make things worse also. If it has got to the point of bleeding then you need to be careful that you don't pick up infections.

Need help!

Over the past year I've tried all sorts of pharmacy remedies to deal with split heels but now it's getting beyond a joke.

On Saturday I took my kids out for a walk and when I got back my socks were dripping in blood after the cracks in the heels got too deep.

Anyone got any tips that work cos this is getting damn painful :angry:

I sympathise, I had same problem last summer and it was pretty painful. :rolleyes:

I was recommended to try applying something called Badger Balm to soften the hard skin and then begin using a "PedEgg." (A bit like a filing rasp for hard skin!) I was told that the skin cracks as a result of being too hard and too thick.

Anyway, it took a while but the combination of Badger Balm and regular filing with the PedEgg worked well for me and the problem hasn't come back. :rolleyes:

Edited by p@cman

Nice one - thanks for all the tips which I will try out ASAP :rolleyes:

Was out shooting today so I came up with a quick solution this morning to ease the problem a bit - Superglued some of the deeper cracks together :good:

The stuff was originally developed as a quick wound repairer, so I thought why not? And it worked, for today anyway.

Next problem - can someone help me get my wellies off?:angry:

:rolleyes:

When I've been doing a lot of walling or concreting at work my hands dry up and crack. I spotted that cream in the shooting mags and was sceptical but a couple of years ago I spotted a stand at the local gardening show selling it and bought some. It's great stuff! You have to use it every day, but give it a month and all will be sorted.

http://www.starkiesbeeswaxcreams.com/erol.html#1X0

Oh, and I think Shania Twain used udder cream on her face? She was fit so it must be ok :good:

If you know anybody in the US, ask them to send you a tub of 'Blue Star' ointment. its cheap, and does the job. Contains 1.24% camphor. I use it on everything from scratches, to cracked skin. Caught the eldest using it the other day after she had shaved her legs. (its meant to be an anti-itch cream :good: ) I dont have an itch by the way.