google maps

100milesaway

Type in google maps then select the first offering on google thentype in your post code, then zoom in on the map and a little chap appears on the top of the zoom in / out, drag him down to your street , wait ,. If i havn't explained it well im sorry it's a brand new thing free of charge :sick: hey presto. from Auntie once you find out how to do it , it really is incredible

This is a bad idea :shout:

I have just spent half an hour walking down the Perth Rd, and the Old Hawk hill in Dundee on street view on google earth. It has changed so much since I was at uni there. Micky Coyles is closed, The nights I spent in there drinking with the Potbellies. And Tally's too. So much has changed in the last 6 years, never mind the eighteen since I was a student. There used to be 15 pubs down that road, with the three bars in the students union you could play a whole round of pub golf with out walking more than a mile (and we did, frequently). As Don Henley says in boys of summer 'you cant look back, don't ever look back'. :sick:

Edited by alexr

Are you meaning the street view option? That only works in some parts of the UK, they have not mapped it all.

Yes the street view option. We live in a pretty remote area but ours is in. You can zoom right in and see the flowers on the window sill. from Auntie. :sick::shout: :blink:

Edited by 100milesaway

Its brill in it aye !!!

i have just had a look along the hedges on some of my permissions to see if any rabbits are about before i go out, i couldnt see many yet so i will look a bit later.

Give me chance to have a cuppa and a bite to eat, :sick:

Will keep looking about every 1/2 hour,, :shout: do you think this will be enough time or should i give it a bit longer before i have another look :blink:

Type in google maps then select the first offering on google thentype in your post code, then zoom in on the map and a little chap appears on the top of the zoom in / out, drag him down to your street , wait ,. If i havn't explained it well im sorry it's a brand new thing free of charge :sick: hey presto. from Auntie once you find out how to do it , it really is incredible

I see what you mean! My House seems to fall in between two checking spots so you can't see it that well because of the trees and bushes. The quality of the pictures is superb.

I have looked at google map in past but this is good in a way - big brother yes but I looked at where I was born - house is still there in Ladywood in Birmingham - looked at my last house and this one I am in now. - must have spent last hour on it.

Thanks Auntie :sick:

Its brill in it aye !!!

i have just had a look along the hedges on some of my permissions to see if any rabbits are about before i go out, i couldnt see many yet so i will look a bit later.

Give me chance to have a cuppa and a bite to eat, :good:

Will keep looking about every 1/2 hour,, :yes: do you think this will be enough time or should i give it a bit longer before i have another look ;)

To be honest dougy, I think you would be better off doing it more often than that, every 15 minutes would be better.

Will be interesting to see it at night :yes:

Hope the night vision option works :)

i remember seeing the google maps camera car going about St Albans - and sure enough, you can see us passing it in my old man's car. Which funnily enough is parked outside his house in the view of his street. Also my Frontera isn't near my house - so i must have been out in it on the day it did my street.