paranormal experiences

mikky

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i woke up in the early hours of this morning to find my mother standing at the end of my bed which was a bit odd cos she died in 1975 :D

mikky

Did you really "find" her there? Do you really think that was a paranormal experience or a dream/halucination/overactive imagination etc. I'm sorry, but IMHO all that stuff is a load of old cobblers. No offence.

Edited by Blunderbuss

On the basis this is not a Harnserism.............

I've just been reading some Michael Bentine. During hs solo shows,I thought he was a bit of a **** but his book is really very interesting. Given what you have just experienced, maybe you should give him a go ...? "Doors of the Mind"

I just told the Mrs what you jsut said - It has send a chill down her spine! :D

Did you say anything to your mum?

Yes I have,

I was driving off mersea one night and saw a person standing at the edge of the road. It was pouring with rain and I turned round and went to help and there was noone there. No sign of anybody or anything.

But I definetly saw a person standing there.

People have vivid imaginations and can be prone to hallucination. Why is it that most of these things are "seen" when people are in bed (tired) or in the dark (reduced sensory awareness)? How many people have witnessed their dog barking or acting alarmed at something completely benign only to stop upon closer inspection? People are just the same but when they are unable to re-assess what they have seen they much prefer to adopt a bogus theory rather than no theory at all. When you're dead, you're dead :D

One time a few years back at the Fennes, Markio nearly got a round of teas in, paranormal activity in his wallet apparently :D

:unsure: :hmm::lol::good: :good: :good: :good: :good::yes:

He still hasn't managed to do it Pete. Short arms and deep pockets that boy.

People have vivid imaginations and can be prone to hallucination. Why is it that most of these things are "seen" when people are in bed (tired) or in the dark (reduced sensory awareness)? How many people have witnessed their dog barking or acting alarmed at something completely benign only to stop upon closer inspection? People are just the same but when they are unable to re-assess what they have seen they much prefer to adopt a bogus theory rather than no theory at all. When you're dead, you're dead :D

I couldn't agree more Trotsky,

I have exactly the same opinion, however I saw this person, no doubt about that.

I do not believe in the paranormal, and I have tried every rational reason but the fact remains the person was there and had gone when I turned the car around.

I couldn't agree more Trotsky,

I have exactly the same opinion, however I saw this person, no doubt about that.

I do not believe in the paranormal, and I have tried every rational reason but the fact remains the person was there and had gone when I turned the car around.

You didn't hear someone say "****, there's that **** MC!!" did you? They could have just hidden away out of sight? :D

My mum died 15 years now and if she appeared to me at the end off my bed, i would be so glad to see her again. So glad for your experience, treasure the experience.

Me too. Mine died in 94. Could not have imagined anything so bad until of course the kids come along and you worry all the more. A phone call would do,never mind seeing her again.

maybe not paranormal, more likely just my screwed up head. my granny died on 23rd july 2006, i was very close to her. i was at my (then) gf's house, my mums partner woke me up at 3.50am by banging on the bedroom window. every year since i have a horrible nightmare that night, and wake up at 3.50am hearing a knocking sound. 1st year (07) it happened i was convinced someone was trying to get into the house and ran straight to the cabinet, it was only later that day when mum reminded me what day it was i put two and two together :D

Isn't it a shame that so many people are prepared to write off anything that they do not understand as a load of **** just because they don't understand it. There was a time when people believed that you would fall off the edge of the earth if you went too far in a straight line because they thought the idea of the world being round was a load of ****!

Maybe if we had a little more open mindedness we might all have a chance to understand a little more about a lot of things.

There is a saying that comes to mind that might be worth thinking about - "There's more to heaven and earth than meets the eye! :unsure: :D:hmm:

Isn't it a shame that so many people are prepared to write off anything that they do not understand as a load of **** just because they don't understand it. There was a time when people believed that you would fall off the edge of the earth if you went too far in a straight line because they thought the idea of the world being round was a load of ****!

Maybe if we had a little more open mindedness we might all have a chance to understand a little more about a lot of things.

There is a saying that comes to mind that might be worth thinking about - "There's more to heaven and earth than meets the eye! :unsure: :D:hmm:

How many people that claim to accept it, actually understand it?

How many people that claim to accept it, actually understand it?

I ONCE saw what can be described as paranormal activity (In have posted about it before when the same question was asked in a previous thread) I KNOW what I saw and thanks to a chap coming to visit me later (he found out through a friend who told him of what I had seen) and questioning me about "my event"I KNOW who I saw! your right about one thing I do not understand it but by lord I now accept it, so please don't be arrogant and pooh pooh it as I never believed either till then.

but another thing about the sceptics bet they too go to church and pray to god etc and readily accept it without understanding it? as a a damn site more people have a had a paranormal experience than have had a vision of god (has anyone seen him?)

KWl

:D I have had numerous experiences, mostly in the hospital while wide awake, but had 2 on the road, nearly ran a couple of kids over on the m6 late t night in the rain, they ran from the left towards the central reservation, i slammed the anchors on got out to shout and no-one was there, had they been real....they woul have been hit for sure.

My brother and I when 3+5 had an old man that used to sit with us on the stairs and tell us stories, looked like a cross between cat weazel and wurzel gummidge, used to freak my parents out but we could both see him!! :unsure:

Edited by Evil Elvis

My brother and I when 3+5 had an old man that used to sit with us on the stairs and tell us stories, looked like a cross between cat weazel and wurzel gummidge, used to freak my parents out but we could both see him!!

could there of been a mirror on the stairs :D