22lr shot shells

hello all anyone know of a shop in notts derby that sells these or someone who has some and wants to sell them on only after a few

i been asked to sort some rats on a farm and don't have a air rifle anymore so this is my only option but have a few questions do they go on your ticket (i am thinking not due to being shot and not a single missile )

and could i use a mod when shooting them ?

thanks all

hello all anyone know of a shop in notts derby that sells these or someone who has some and wants to sell them on only after a few

i been asked to sort some rats on a farm and don't have a air rifle anymore so this is my only option but have a few questions do they go on your ticket (i am thinking not due to being shot and not a single missile )

and could i use a mod when shooting them ?

thanks all

Ratshot has been entered onto my ticket and I would never use a sound mod with one. It'll not be good for it, I can assure you.

Ive never used them on rats but have tried them on targets just to see what they were like. To be honest I think you would need to be pretty close, under 5 metres, to kill with them. I fired one at a coke can at 5 metres and didnt hit it with one pellet!

That was through a ruger 10/22 with no moderator.

Edited by fortune82

They go on your FAC if you have expanding.

DO NOT use with a sound moderator attached to the rifle.

Clean the bore/rifling thoroughly afterwards or preferably use a dedicated .22lr shotshell rifle.

VERY close range required, but good in the right situation! :good:

• 1 month later...

Deckers are u sure on the 22 shotshells goin on you're fa.c.? I've always had them on my sgc,is my dealer wrong? I've bought them in a few places and always they just wanna see the sgc? I've expanding on my ticket.you're dead right about cleaning though I wouldent put that stuff down my rifling,I use mine for rats (up close) and indoor pigeons in conjunction with my 9mm garden gun wich is considerably more pokey.

I've had some CCI shot shells, but why not try and get some .22 CB's they do not contain a charge but rely upon the primer to power a conical ball, :good: don't be put off though they still provide more power than an air gun! :good: and you can keep your silencer on! :good:

Paladin

Deckers are u sure on the 22 shotshells goin on you're fa.c.? I've always had them on my sgc,is my dealer wrong? I've bought them in a few places and always they just wanna see the sgc? I've expanding on my ticket.you're dead right about cleaning though I wouldent put that stuff down my rifling,I use mine for rats (up close) and indoor pigeons in conjunction with my 9mm garden gun wich is considerably more pokey.

is it a 22 shotgun? if its on your sgc then all is well. funny old thing this as i've got a couple of shotguns on fac, and whenever i buy carts they always ask for my sgc. Just wondering, what would happen if i decided to hand in my sgc and just keep the sec1 stuff? :good:

I've had some CCI shot shells, but why not try and get some .22 CB's they do not contain a charge but rely upon the primer to power a conical ball, :good: don't be put off though they still provide more power than an air gun! :good: and you can keep your silencer on! :good:

Paladin

the cb longs have about 32ft/lbs at the muzzle, 710fps. 29gr about the same as fac air. useful for close stuff.

is it a 22 shotgun? if its on your sgc then all is well. funny old thing this as i've got a couple of shotguns on fac, and whenever i buy carts they always ask for my sgc. Just wondering, what would happen if i decided to hand in my sgc and just keep the sec1 stuff? :good:
yes its on my sgc,its an old anchuctz I'm sure it used to be a rifle as somone has welded or braized a flash surpressor on the end to make it the minimum length for a shot gun,looks like a bunsun burner on the end,u can put .22 through it accuratley,if I think about it ill post a couple of pix up for you.