God GAVE me strength!

Billy.

Further to my last post, about the atrocity of shopping in Luton >God give me strength< I went back yesterday to collect my money from the pawnbrokers.

I was due to get £525, but I always campaigned that the item was in 'A Grade' condition, which would have made it £573. So I went in and targeted the youngest of the 5 cashiers and showed my reciept.

He asked how much I'd been told to get. I smoothly said £573. He checked and the amount for 'A Grade' was £573, so it must've made sense to him.

After much fumbling about and looking for the money, he began counting £20 notes under the counter, I interrupted him and said "Is that the 573?" he looked up and said "yes". I got a bit of a look and it seemed right. I handed him my wallet and asked him to put the money in there out of sight, as I was not really in the mood to get mugged and lose my winnings.

When I got in the car I decided to count it.

£593 :lol::sly::rolleyes: He must've miscounted a £20 note when I interrupted him to ask if it was the total amount...!!! So I came out nearly £70 better off ;):P:lol:

..Maybe shopping in Luton isn't so bad after all!

(Oh and before anyone says the £20 was in my wallet already, I can assure you it wasn't. Otherwise I'd not be paying a trip to a pawnbrokers!)

Edited by harfordwmj

so is this so you can afford to put fuel in the shed sorry landrover :sly:

No, just to keep me alive.

I did, actually, fill it up though. I was going to treat it to £20, but I went for a full tank instead :lol:

....Not much left now though! :rolleyes:

Edited by harfordwmj

Had a similar result t'other day. Mrs Ped and I were in the garden centre buying a few bits and decided on some more of the nice oak furniture they sell would like great in the living room and as we had £120 worth of garden vouchers it wouldn't sting so much.

Cue paying, we got landed with the trainee, great I thought, we'll be here for ages so switched off. What I didn't realise was that she kindly counted the vouchers twice so we got £240 off!!!

Result!

:rolleyes::/

You dishonest ******* :hmm: Personally I would have given the £20 back. :yay::hmm: :( Bet the poor lad got in trouble for his till being down!! :good:

HA! Luton, 'give it back', you must be joking.

If I came back with the £20, I'd have been laughed out of the shop.

His fault and he will learn from his mistake.

so basically your admitting to dishonestly keeping the extra £20 - on a public forum - (as you are a man who always quotes the law i think you will find) that would make you a thief.. and a daft one at that....

it also shows the general intellect of pawn broker staff - so all of you who have been burgled and wondered where you treasured possessions went - THERE YOU GO

Further to my last post, about the atrocity of shopping in Luton >God give me strength< I went back yesterday to collect my money from the pawnbrokers.

I was due to get £525, but I always campaigned that the item was in 'A Grade' condition, which would have made it £573. So I went in and targeted the youngest of the 5 cashiers and showed my reciept.

He asked how much I'd been told to get. I smoothly said £573. He checked and the amount for 'A Grade' was £573, so it must've made sense to him.

After much fumbling about and looking for the money, he began counting £20 notes under the counter, I interrupted him and said "Is that the 573?" he looked up and said "yes". I got a bit of a look and it seemed right. I handed him my wallet and asked him to put the money in there out of sight, as I was not really in the mood to get mugged and lose my winnings.

When I got in the car I decided to count it.

£593 :( :yay::good: He must've miscounted a £20 note when I interrupted him to ask if it was the total amount...!!! So I came out nearly £70 better off :hmm: :hmm: :lol:

..Maybe shopping in Luton isn't so bad after all!

(Oh and before anyone says the £20 was in my wallet already, I can assure you it wasn't. Otherwise I'd not be paying a trip to a pawnbrokers!)

Nice to see that honesty and decency still exist!

so basically your admitting to dishonestly keeping the extra £20 - on a public forum - (as you are a man who always quotes the law i think you will find) that would make you a thief.. and a daft one at that....

it also shows the general intellect of pawn broker staff - so all of you who have been burgled and wondered where you treasured possessions went - THERE YOU GO

Next time you leave a shop and you've been short changed. You go back in and see if they'll give you your pound back. You should have checked your change before you left. The cashier checked mine, so it's his fault, not mine.

Likewise, if you leave a shop and you didn't properly check your change, it's your problem that you're out of pocket.

Nice to see that honesty and decency still exist!

I'm an honest and decent person. However when I took the item to them, they had the cheek to slap the price they were going to sell it for onto the item, whilst I was stood in front of it. It was about £200 more, so I felt slightly disheartened. I seriously don't think they're losing out too much and they shouldn't have tried to get away with saying it was in a B grade condition, when clearly it was A.

Edited by harfordwmj