Marriage

Sammy_D

I actually wrote the letters in white plastic silage wrap , and that night it bloody snowed !!!!!

I was out at 4 in the morning sweeping it off.

We were meant to be doing something else instead of Christmas shopping and I said i would organise it .She had no Idea I was going to do this ! lol

She said YES !

After 5 years together ,I wish she had fallen out :good: (She left a while ago :good: )

Those six feint lines across the top are pylon wires.He banked the chopper over so we could have a better look .

Cost £160 for a half hour"training flight ".lol

post-13311-1271630676.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice moves Nipper.

I did it on a hill where we used to go while at Uni to watch the sun come up (after nights out clubbing). I said I wanted to visit the hill again while we were staying in the town so made her get up early and had a breakfast hamper ready then popped the question.

She loved it.

I don't think you have to splash the cash or do anything completely over the top, just do something tht means something special to the pair of you. You'll also get mega brownie points.

Took a picnic and a bottle of bubbly and stopped at Virginia Water on the way to a hotel for a weekend away.

It wasn't a great surprise for her as she had picked the ring a few weeks before hand but she didn't know I had picked it up (as it had to be altered to her size) or when I was going to ask her. I had locked the ring in the gunsafe so she couldn't find it by 'accident' and told her the jewelers hadn't called to say it was ready.

Definetely did not want an audience.

I set the lot up first - then phoned her at work and said," remember at xmas when you mentioned about getting married, well it's all booked up for next saturday" (Mar 1990)?

What about my dress? I will modify the one you said you brought and I nver took you out in it ( I did0

What about a ring? see you down town after work £11 ( we were skink)

What about a reception? At home get some booze in and get you mum to make a cake.

What about my wedding car to take me to the reg/office? We will walk, it's only up the road

What about our honeymoon? no luck there, how about camping in the lakes in April?

Went off well really enjoyed ourselves and still together - but brought a new ring later ;)

I waited until Christmas morning and all the presents had been opened, my wife went into the kitchen to make breakfast and I had wrapped the ring up, I gave it to my Labrador buddy and said "take it to mum" he went through and I shouted - buddy''s got another present for you...

Buddy seemed a bit reluctant to let go though... ;)

But he did eventually....

This was followed by a few minutes of her crying...and then me saying "well are you going to say yes?" :P

Edited by gixer1

Not marriage!

Apparently, if you put a penny in a pot every time you have sex before you get married and then take one out every time you have sex after marrage, you'll never empty the pot :P

Hence why I'm avoiding marriage ;)

Valid point.

For so many women getting married and having kids is their goal. Once you've provided those two things they having nothing to work for in the form of trying to keep you happy and then you become surplus to requirements.

As a fellow PW'er recently said to me, "If they didn't have tits and **** we wouldn't bother". Think of being married as being the designated driver taking your mates to the Pub... You're watching everyone else have fun and you can't even have a sniff.

Xmas day 2005. I emptied a Christmas cracker and put the ring inside. I rigged the cracker so she'd win. The only problem was that she got eager and flung the ring across the room because she pulled the cracker so hard. Then she just cried for ages. I got drunk on champagne and ate meat. Good day all round

Nowhere near as complicated, don't know why, but we both knew as soon as we got together (it was our 2nd time together we'd had a fling at Uni) that we were going to get married, .......so i insisted on a period of living in sin, just to **** my parents off, told me Mam we had no plans to get married (really ****** her off) then came back from Holidays in September, told parents that we were getting married in December, organised the whole thing in 11 weeks!

Tidy. :good:

Good on you guys who take the romantic route, but i think my wife would of throttled me if i'd done what some you guys had done!

Tight Lines

Aled

well i asked the future mrs jasper a few weeks back..... to old to get down on one knee well 49 this year :good:

i said ...." do you want to get married" yes darling , she replied..."24th september ok" yes she replied that ile do then ...

so ...me and her are going to tie the knott this year in september...now this is where i am really romantic :lol::P:P

on the 24th..we will do the legal bit in a reg office..on the 25th..Im going to arrange a blessing on the beach whilst in our kayaks with fishing rods ready to go out and catch a few mackeral for the evening BBQ...romantic or what :o

jasp :P:good::P:good:

Took my misses to London for the weekend. Spent the Friday chasing up and down the Thames looking for the bloody lost whale (if you remember it) eventually saw it dying on the back of a barge, she loved that!

Went and got drunk in Covent Garden, I loved that

Took her toa Brick Lane curry house it just popped out (the question that is) Somewhat took her, the tables either side, and me a bit by surprise.

Loved it ever since.

I can thoroughly recommend Brick Lane

I proposed to my male partner on a gang bang weekend in Brighton - due to draconian laws in England at the time in regards to same sex marriages, I had to go to Las Vegas for a ceremony conducted by Elvis (yes, it was really him). We have been together for ten years and have two lovely dogs as children (Pug dogs like the old woman on Eastenders used to have - I think hers was called Willy). :blink: