section 59 warning

jessy-the-dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore the remarks from some who will be quick to condemn your lad as a leading international vehicle crime boss.

I had a right tear up up over my lads new vehicle the other day.

Bought the motor from a main dealer, so naturally we never gave it a second thought as they were only very light tinted windows.

He got stopped for the tints being too much right outside the house so it was fortunate I was about to help deal with it.

All I can say is it was a good job I was there as I could sense a bit of the old 'young lad lets give him some grief syndrome'

And the police wonder why so many normal law abiding people hold them in contempt thesedays.

its true about new coppers they rub you the wrong way,not all but a big %,attitude is a two way thing !

Oh great, I feel a rant coming on!

Please forgive me if my comments aren't accurate and I've got the wrong end of the stick but is your son one of those lads who has his sterio up really loud, bean tin exhaust, lowered suspension and two blonde bimbos in the back who drives around pointlessly all evening because he has nothing better to do? If so, people like him stop at the traffic lights outside my house every night and it drives me mad. It's a car, probably a naff one at that, so why can't they just be normal and stop ******* the world off by making their presence known so loudly?

If not you have my apologies as directing my rant at you is out of order. If however he is one of these lads, do me a favour and kick his *** for me! ???

I'm with you on this one. Have to live deep down in the dingey city for uni and the amount of cocks who drive around with their gay-mobiles with some cruddy music blaring out is ridiculous. What makes them think that anyone else want to listen to their **** music.

Even see grown men doing it. I just laugh at them as they drive by - turns them bright red :yes:

what car is it and why's a 28yr old still on someone's insurance?

Just to add, if he is a named driver on your policy but the main driver they won't cover him in an accident as it's basically fraud!

Trust me, the police ask everyone who drives the car, neighbours etc if something goes wrong. If you are never seen driving it they will say your son is the main driver then you also are in a world of ****.

YOU are the registered keeper and therefore responsible for the vehicle, the driver needs to make sure it's in a fit state to drive and legal before every journey ultimately if you permitted the exhaust then you condone it.

As for 28 then and still on your insurance i'm guessing he drives like a cock, if at 28 he hasn't gained the responsibility to own, insure, tax etc a car then he doesn't deserve to drive.

Tin hat and flak jacket on

the only worrying thing is that you or i could have our cars taken !,for a couple of things that we may not think that bad,only needs a plod with a problem

the plod arnt stupid they know when and when not to issue one and 9 times out of ten it will be to the people who do not follow the laws of the roads

Im not calling your son as i use to be a boy racer and know these kind of things dont get handed out for fun there to get rid of a problem , I didnt see myself as a problem back than but when i look back i was a pain in the ***

Just to add, if he is a named driver on your policy but the main driver they won't cover him in an accident as it's basically fraud!

Trust me, the police ask everyone who drives the car, neighbours etc if something goes wrong. If you are never seen driving it they will say your son is the main driver then you also are in a world of ****.

YOU are the registered keeper and therefore responsible for the vehicle, the driver needs to make sure it's in a fit state to drive and legal before every journey ultimately if you permitted the exhaust then you condone it.

As for 28 then and still on your insurance i'm guessing he drives like a cock, if at 28 he hasn't gained the responsibility to own, insure, tax etc a car then he doesn't deserve to drive.

Tin hat and flak jacket on

he lost his no claims when he got shunted in the rear,by a women !,so dont believe if your hit in the butt there at fault thats a on going thing with insurance company,

he lost his no claims when he got shunted in the rear,by a women !,so dont believe if your hit in the butt there at fault thats a on going thing with insurance company,

I agree, if that is the case then he shouldn't get penalised. As for why he lost them i don't know the circumstances but i had £17k worth of damage done to a 2 week old car by a celebrity with brakes that were metal to metal; however due to her age\celebrity she wasn't pursued.

My insurance company waived my excess, i'm guessing he hit the one in front after being hit.

Why not save the money they spend on these heaps of junk and insure a decent car with it? I worked with a lad a few years ago that spent so much on his 1.4 Nova he could have bought and insured a Golf GTI! The first thing I did to our v6 4motion was have the badges off so I could play with unsuspecting numpties like the lad in question! :yes:

You cant beat a good sleeper when dealing with boy-racers, soon makes them look really small in front of their mates.

Nice choice of car by the way ??? are you going the next step and having an R32 de-badged?

Sounds like a storm in a tea cup. Section 59's are a very handy bit of legislation, especially when dealing with the chav's and illegal off roaders. Get them with a section 34 as well :yes:???

At 28 he's old enough to stand on his own 2 feet and coff for the lost NCB. Besides if you insured the vehicle as the main user and obviously your not the vehicle is by right un insured as you've made a false declaration on the proposal form. If you have insured it as him as the main driver the difference in premium between the 2 insurance policies would have been negligible.

Ignore the remarks from some who will be quick to condemn your lad as a leading international vehicle crime boss.

I had a right tear up up over my lads new vehicle the other day.

Bought the motor from a main dealer, so naturally we never gave it a second thought as they were only very light tinted windows.

He got stopped for the tints being too much right outside the house so it was fortunate I was about to help deal with it.

All I can say is it was a good job I was there as I could sense a bit of the old 'young lad lets give him some grief syndrome'

And the police wonder why so many normal law abiding people hold them in contempt thesedays.

Hi Starlight, When he was pulled for the tints did they test the level of light transmitted through ? as they are meant to do this from the inside out. Also if he wants tints that may be a bit dark do what we did to a mates car & install a cut off switch, windows down switch flicked copper wants to check legality of tints, sorry can`t put the windows up :yes: cop gets the hump as he sees we are having him on :hmm: my mate is it illegal to have non operating front windows ? cop :yes: no. He then proceeds to check over the rest of the car with us sat inside realising we had got away with it ??? then after 5 minutes say we can go & not to let him catch sight of the tinted windows :lol: .

:oops: Dan

Hi Starlight, When he was pulled for the tints did they test the level of light transmitted through ? as they are meant to do this from the inside out. Also if he wants tints that may be a bit dark do what we did to a mates car & install a cut off switch, windows down switch flicked copper wants to check legality of tints, sorry can`t put the windows up :yes: cop gets the hump as he sees we are having him on :hmm: my mate is it illegal to have non operating front windows ? cop :yes: no. He then proceeds to check over the rest of the car with us sat inside realising we had got away with it ??? then after 5 minutes say we can go & not to let him catch sight of the tinted windows :lol: .

:oops: Dan

They were outside the limit but only just. Like I said we bought the motor from a main dealer and only a faint tint-We di not even give it a thought.

Took it back to the showroom, they removed them and paid the fine.

The only good thing was it was non endorsable so no points.

Still a joke though.

P.S I like the angle on your mates windows, nice touch.

37 posts for a 28 year old MAN not lad,boy,young un,who basically got a slap on the wrist!!!Its a cruel world,lets write to our mp's about this injustice,lets raise some money to send him to disney world?how about a petition to get that gung ho copper the sack?I personaly think his a disgrace to the force!The News of The World could do a 4 page spread on this humanitarian abuse with a nice artists impression of the car,ive rung Bono he was equally shocked and along with Bob Geldof is working on a single,players at the world cup will be wearing black arm bands to show support. :good:

the section 59 will be on the car not the driver , if he gets court again then the car will be towed away and you will have to pay a fine to get it back plus compound charges , and they will even leave the driver where they take the car from .

Tell him to keep his head down and keep away from other boy racers as if more than three cars meet up they will get a 59

S 59's are on both, driver and vehicle, so if he gets caught being a numpty drving someone elses car, that also gets towed.

Edited by kyska

sometimes you get a proper cock of poo thread on here and this is a prime example, Starlight you've been rubbed up the wrong way but facts are the copper was doing his job and by the sounds of it they were illegal so fair cop.

This other one is beyond me the guy is 28 and lost his no claims through a non fault accident, then gets pulled for cruising with a loud exhaust add to that defrauding his insurers. Just leave him to it he won't have a car shortly and probably rightly so, like a few others I've lived in areas with a problem and its nice to hear the police doing something about it.

Hi Starlight, When he was pulled for the tints did they test the level of light transmitted through ? as they are meant to do this from the inside out. Also if he wants tints that may be a bit dark do what we did to a mates car & install a cut off switch, windows down switch flicked copper wants to check legality of tints, sorry can`t put the windows up :lol: cop gets the hump as he sees we are having him on :lol: my mate is it illegal to have non operating front windows ? cop :yes: no. He then proceeds to check over the rest of the car with us sat inside realising we had got away with it :good: then after 5 minutes say we can go & not to let him catch sight of the tinted windows :lol: .

:lol: Dan

Nicely done! Did he kill any bikers cos he couldn't see them through the tints?

Hi Starlight, When he was pulled for the tints did they test the level of light transmitted through ? as they are meant to do this from the inside out. Also if he wants tints that may be a bit dark do what we did to a mates car & install a cut off switch, windows down switch flicked copper wants to check legality of tints, sorry can`t put the windows up :lol: cop gets the hump as he sees we are having him on :lol: my mate is it illegal to have non operating front windows ? cop :yes: no. He then proceeds to check over the rest of the car with us sat inside realising we had got away with it :good: then after 5 minutes say we can go & not to let him catch sight of the tinted windows :lol: .

:lol: Dan

I thought the levels of light transmission required by the law were in the interests of safety for road users, I suppose, people with juvenile minds think they are clever to have evaded this vital issue. Assuming that the windows mentioned above did not meet the legal spec. , otherwise there would not have been the need to conceal them.

Blackpowder

sometimes you get a proper cock of poo thread on here and this is a prime example, Starlight you've been rubbed up the wrong way but facts are the copper was doing his job and by the sounds of it they were illegal so fair cop.

This other one is beyond me the guy is 28 and lost his no claims through a non fault accident, then gets pulled for cruising with a loud exhaust add to that defrauding his insurers. Just leave him to it he won't have a car shortly and probably rightly so, like a few others I've lived in areas with a problem and its nice to hear the police doing something about it.

I was'nt denying the fact at all......I am just saying that we bought a vehicle in all good faith from a motor dealer which in turn had windows with a level of tint in them which were just outside the law. In most cases you see them pitch black when people are prosecuted.

What I was trying to explain was the lad was stopped they were found to be just outside the requirements but in his honest admission the vehicle was purchased like that only three days before so it was not a typical young driver boy racer upgrade, a story which was not accepted.

Ultimately no matter what the circumstances are we are still at fault even if it was sold to us this way, but what I don't accept is a young lad being barracked which is what happens resulting in my intervention. In this case I suppose the thread is indirectly been knocked off topic but I still think all these laws do absolutely sod all in protecting the general public.

This forum is becoming just a total waste of time where according to 99% of we are total saints, but that is only until you put up a post where you have been crossed or afflicted in some manner for which in return you are chastised by the nuns and monks among us.

Really some people need to live dangerously a bit and stop sitting on judge and jury.

I spat a load of gob onto the path today as I have a bad chest a the moment. Does this carry the death sentence or a mere 100 lashes these days?

Which ever way I am sticking my fingers up as no one saw me.

I was'nt denying the fact at all......I am just saying that we bought a vehicle in all good faith from a motor dealer which in turn had windows with a level of tint in them which were just outside the law. In most cases you see them pitch black when people are prosecuted.

What I was trying to explain was the lad was stopped they were found to be just outside the requirements but in his honest admission the vehicle was purchased like that only three days before so it was not a typical young driver boy racer upgrade, a story which was not accepted.

Ultimately no matter what the circumstances are we are still at fault even if it was sold to us this way, but what I don't accept is a young lad being barracked which is what happens resulting in my intervention. In this case I suppose the thread is indirectly been knocked off topic but I still think all these laws do absolutely sod all in protecting the general public.

This forum is becoming just a total waste of time where according to 99% of we are total saints, but that is only until you put up a post where you have been crossed or afflicted in some manner for which in return you are chastised by the nuns and monks among us.

Really some people need to live dangerously a bit and stop sitting on judge and jury.

I spat a load of gob onto the path today as I have a bad chest a the moment. Does this carry the death sentence or a mere 100 lashes these days?

Which ever way I am sticking my fingers up as no one saw me.

im with starlight some people on here ?,my point was to say i had not heard about the right police have these days,and hope none of the nice gents on here fall foul of these new laws,i dont condone boy racers or breaking the law,but also dont get arsey

these laws arn`t always a good thing.i seen one on one of those police stop programs,where they pull a middle aged woman because there was a marker on the car.turned out that her son who borrowed the car from time to time had been driving like a plank in it and got his mum in the brown stuff in the process.

these laws arn`t always a good thing.i seen one on one of those police stop programs,where they pull a middle aged woman because there was a marker on the car.turned out that her son who borrowed the car from time to time had been driving like a plank in it and got his mum in the brown stuff in the process.

one of our old plod who retired a couple of years ago was a txxt anything to do with motorists,i stopped 2 mins on a double yellow small country town he ticketed me,any excuse he would pull anyone old ladies you name it and the way he spoke to you,a few years ago copper or not id of nutted him but as you get older and wiser

so now she knows that when her little angel borrows her car, he acts like a cock. Hopefully mummy will stop lending him the car and its one less *** head on the street.

sounds fine to me! :good:

Don't get me wrong, I've owned some fast cars and one which was an absolute weapon of a motor, and I loved having fun in them. What I can't abide is people who whine like little girls when they get caught. They need to man up and realise their mistakes.