BASC/shooting organisation Car Stickers

Hello,

Seems an odd topic but I was wanting to put the BASC car sticker I got with my membership in my car but don't really want to advertise the fact I own guns to potential criminals. It's a shame I have to think like that as I'm a proud member of BASC. It'd be interesting to hear other shooters opinions on this.

Cheers,

Rob :good:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both BASC and WAGBI stickers in my car, if anyone has a problem with that then that is their problem. As for advertising you have guns, normally the decoying gear or ammunition laying around does that.

Feel a bit stupid now :rolleyes: Don't think there'd be any other clue I was off shooting as I have a van and the gear goes in the back. I see plenty of cars with BASC stickers in but it was just a thought that occured, it'd have probably been best remaining a thought :yes:

No need to feel stupid, it is a fair point for discussion. I think a lot depends on where you live and other circumstances. I have a BASC sticker in my car, I live in a quiet cul de sac in a rural village. I have noisy neighbours, some retired who would spot a bad un in our road PDQ. Gun ownership is common here.

If I lived in an inner city area, or anywhere where I didn't know or trust my neighbours I would probably remove it

Not put any stickers in the 4x4 as advised by feo,you have to show that you have made all reasonable attempts to safe guard your guns from being stolen,to advertise to theives that there are guns on board is same as builder vans they are all targets because of whats on board,but you have a choice not to put stickers in the windows,there WILL be a case in court soon to set an example to you basc sticker collectors who dont take security serious.

Not put any stickers in the 4x4 as advised by feo,you have to show that you have made all reasonable attempts to safe guard your guns from being stolen,to advertise to theives that there are guns on board is same as builder vans they are all targets because of whats on board,but you have a choice not to put stickers in the windows,there WILL be a case in court soon to set an example to you basc sticker collectors who dont take security serious.

Sticker collector? Don't take our security seriously? Have you any idea how condescending that sounds? :rolleyes:

Your builders van analogy is rubbish. It's a bit of a leap to think that a BASC sticker on a vehicle means guns have been left in it. You might, but I never leave guns unattended in my car and if you do that's a far bigger security risk than any sticker.

Edited by Blunderbuss

Vampire I totally agree with your comments,as has been said previously ,any stickers advertising hunting shooting etc,, why not put them on my car I havent done anything wrong?you may ask,but ask yourself this question ?

when your car gets damaged, stolen or broken into, will the said organisation whos sticker you advertise on your vehicle pay for the damage .

NO CHANCE....

Edited by jonevo

there won't be a court case that is total bull poop. Mines been on my truck years never had an issue and I've got neighbours who frown on shooting. The dead game carried in and the fact you have to put your guns in the car is a bigger give away. If you're scared don't put stickers on but if you're not ashamed of what you do then leave it be

Your having a ******* laugh mate :yes::yes::yes: BB

I bet you go in disguise to buy your carts :rolleyes::yes: Dont you :yes::good: BB

You also have a choice to go shooting,are you going to stop?someone might see you after all,and it wont be the sticker that gives you away,it could be your gun,decoys or clothing,i think the sticker is last on the worry list,BB

Edited by Bluebarrels

Sticker collector? Don't take our security seriously? Have you any idea how condescending that sounds? :rolleyes:

Your builders van analogy is rubbish. It's a bit of a leap to think that a BASC sticker on a vehicle means guns have been left in it. You might, but I never leave guns unattended in my car and if you do that's a far bigger security risk than any sticker.

:yes::yes::good: Well said. :yes:

Vampire I totally agree with your comments,as has been said previously ,any stickers advertising hunting shooting etc,, why not put them on my car I havent done anything wrong?you may ask,but ask yourself this question ?

when your car gets damaged, stolen or broken into, will the said organisation whos sticker you advertise on your vehicle pay for the damage .

NO CHANCE....

That's what I have insurance for.

However, I will cover the dents and scratches with BASC stickers, cheaper then a respray !!

I wonder how many of you remember Colin Willock, who used to write a piece in the Shooting Times (maybe he still does).

Some years ago he wrote a piece about having to remove his BASC sticker from his Land Rover due to the continuous damage that he was having done to it. He had his windscreen bashed on one occasion, but the final straw was when he had his 4 off-road tyres slashed.

You may get away with a BASC sticker in you car for years, but once the antis have identified you they will give you a dogs life.

Just watch out. :rolleyes:

G.M.

I wonder how many of you remember Colin Willock, who used to write a piece in the Shooting Times (maybe he still does).

Some years ago he wrote a piece about having to remove his BASC sticker from his Land Rover due to the continuous damage that he was having done to it. He had his windscreen bashed on one occasion, but the final straw was when he had his 4 off-road tyres slashed.

You may get away with a BASC sticker in you car for years, but once the antis have identified you they will give you a dogs life.

Just watch out. :rolleyes:

G.M.

that is why i my user name it what it is, Discreeet hunter, every thing i do with shooting is discreet, due security reason

I'm not convinced that a BASC sticker says... I have guns in the motor

But, it is free advertising for them and I'm not sure quite what it says about the vehicle owner, or what point they are trying to get across.

I have Magnetic Business signs that go either side of my 4x4. That works for me, as some situations are delicate and the motor goes clean, in addition I have no desire to leave it parked in certain places with pretty pictures of deer on the motor suggesting I shoot them.....

Best of both worlds for ME!!

ATB!!

Edited by Dekers

:rolleyes: ,sparked a rant there,must learn to be more careful in future :yes:

I will not stick BASC stickers in my 4x4 as it will not get me any money unlike my builders van which is covered in em,you are contributing to basc by insuring with them,you are advertising the company basc by sticking one on your window :good: ,good business sense for them.

Having been directly told my suffolk fire arms unit official NOT to put them in the windows because of possible theft,i have taken said advise,it will only take one insurance company to realise that more than one motor has been broken into in a search for guns for them to figure not to pay out because you advertised that you go shooting and may have £100s or£1000s worth of goodies in there for all insurances to go up or the law to insist on safes in cars.

As for the personal attacks,there is no need for that,we are having a discussion on someones thread about stickers for gods sake,and all above posts have differing views,my security measures are sound so you dont need to worry :yes:

I think it's the same issue as with football stickers. Feel free to put a Manchester United sticker on your car but if some crazy Liverpool or other London club fans go past it expect your car to come in for some grief. The same can be said for the shooting, so if you stick a shooting sticker on your car window expect trouble.