Legal question............

You could well be wishing something more on to yourself than you can handle. Foxes will come at the most inopportune moments (like when you are away shoppin) when you are not able to watch for them. This is when they will inflict the most damage and you will not be able to exact revenge!

While i can understand your dislike for Charlie and your desire to put him in place I wouldn't want to "invite" him to visit your chucks in case he comes when you are not ready!

While I agree (it was a tongue in cheek comment) I already have systems (snares) waiting for the inevitable at key access points.

Drowning is not a humane method or killing.

I have had a discussion about this with another member of this forum recently. Suprisingly it is apparantly the RSPCA recommended method of despatch for vermin. When we bought our first fox trap a few years back that was the instruction that came with it.

If the fox is sniffing round your trap he will go in it eventually, it may take time to overcome his suspiscions but you will get him. Prop the door open and keep baiting it. Try leaving a bit in the entrance then another bit further back inside and so on to draw him in

I have had a discussion about this with another member of this forum recently. Suprisingly it is apparantly the RSPCA recommended method of despatch for vermin. When we bought our first fox trap a few years back that was the instruction that came with it.

If the fox is sniffing round your trap he will go in it eventually, it may take time to overcome his suspiscions but you will get him. Prop the door open and keep baiting it. Try leaving a bit in the entrance then another bit further back inside and so on to draw him in

thats not what the rspca told me when i had quite a few rat traps round my chicken house . He asked how i killed the rats and he stated that if i was to get caught drowning them then it would be around a 1000 fine . Good job i only use my air rifle on the little **** :blink: :good:

thats not what the rspca told me when i had quite a few rat traps round my chicken house . He asked how i killed the rats and he stated that if i was to get caught drowning them then it would be around a 1000 fine . Good job i only use my air rifle on the little **** :blink: :good:

Drowning them is really cruel, far more humane to poison them so that they spend several days bleeding to death.

No - I am certian drowing is not humane and you could be prosecuted under the Animal Welfare Act. (I am a Vet if it adds any credability to my argument!)

Drowning them is really cruel, far more humane to poison them so that they spend several days bleeding to death.

All they do is go week and sleepy.

Elvis

Nice cat mate -- We rented a house for a year in 2009 and befriended cat from 3 doors away - they never brushed him and he was so matted up he walked sideways - mrs's and me slowley clipped the lumps off and he did look scraggy. - I think they would have let us have him but as he was deaf he was safer on ground he knew.

389420758.jpg

Dave

No - I am certian drowing is not humane and you could be prosecuted under the Animal Welfare Act. (I am a Vet if it adds any credability to my argument!)

All they do is go week and sleepy.

Tell that to the groggy ones that wander round our yard before they finally die !!!

Come on guys, there must be an open FAC holder with a .22 somewhere close to the OPs address? Send him a PM with your mobile number so when he gets it he can give you a ring. I'd do it for anyone within ten miles or so of home! :good:

EDIT.. And no, I'm not driving to Essex!

Edited by njc110381

See if it can swim in a cage :good:

On a more serious note; what's the point in baiting the trap and not setting it? If the fox goes in you've caught it. And surely if it goes in when the traps not set ur wasting time?! Or is it catching him out a few days after this when he thinks he's safe and getting the last laugh? :blush:

How about snaring it, you will need to keep your cat in the house though.

:blush: I did this after the little red f%^^ had 3 of my chooks :lol: I saw how it was getting in the garden and got a couple of wires off a keeper friend of mine, the trap was set :good: I got it alright but it had hopped back over the fence and made a crop circle in the neighbours flowers :yes: