Raoul Moats

Redgum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the Old Bill did OK on this one, from what little I could see.

Once they got onto it, there were no further injuries to anybody. They seemed to take a while to find him, but there could be any number of reasons for that.

I agree, there is a tendency on here to snipe at the Bill at every opportunity. Keyboard warriors always know the answers and would always handle it sooooooo much better, we all know that :oops:

Is the cost of recharging a Tazer more than the cost of a bullet ? If so then they should have gone for the cheaper option. Agree with Paulabf, the vermin was doing time for assaulting a child. The three wannabees that turned up to lay flowers sum it all up, stupid hair included :oops:

The police will always be wrong whatever they do. Coppers on the scene make operational decisions. In circumstances like this they not only have to justify those decisions, they have to live with them.

Unfortunately low-life criminal scum have rights out of all proportion to their life choices to date. They abuse the system and then want to hide behind it when their number is up...

One innocent man is dead. Two people now have life changing horrific wounds - mental as well as physical - why aren't the media highlighting this?

Because the public want to hear the the police screwed up by tasering an 'innocent until proven guilty' man who had some 'issues'.

What a joke. What kind of society do we live in?

OK I feel better now. Peace to all.

Roger

We had to deal with a lad who used steroids the other week. Kept stomping around scaring the female staff . He was basically a nice lad whose mind was altered by the rubbish he injected . I can imagine the results if someone with a really mean streak used them and I am pleased this did not turn into another Cumbria. Not a bad outcome .

On a more serious note it seems that incidents like these are handled with the media in mind.

Also you can tell who ever is in charge is very scared of messing it up.

Almost like they see it as a promotion chance.

This must be frustrating for the officers on the ground.

But if fifteen police forces and the RAF can be given the runaround for a week by a man 300 yards away from his car hiding in a open drain, then its probably time we faced up to the fact that these professionals have lost the plot.

I've lived in America and Israel and have seen many a manhunt.

Raoul Moat had this been in America would of been apprehended an hour after leaving his car by two Sheriffs with AR15's and a man with a bloodhound.

The cost of this operation must be millions for which we have to pay, I sometimes think the police forget that.

And ultimately their effort to arrest him failed.

Intelligence was there that he was going to do this and it wasn't acted upon.

A very sad episode for all involved.

We all know no lessons will be learned from this which after the loss of life is the saddest thing of all.

Raoul Moat had this been in America would of been apprehended an hour after leaving his car by two Sheriffs with AR15's and a man with a bloodhound.

Absolute rubbish!. Speaking as an ex-dog handler; you really have no idea.

How long did it take them to apprehend the sniper who was being driven around in the boot of a car? How long to trace the Uni Bomber? And I don't recall the bloodhounds running down Osama Bin Laden.

Yes, police operations are run with the media in mind, and comments on here and in the press by the Shudder Squad (they should 've done this, they should 've done that.....) demonstrate why.

Harry - in that case I want to complain. Why did the police waste £46 on what was basically a public funded vermin shoot? Its a bit like shooting a drey with a punt gun surely ? Ok a drey has a bit more in the way of brains but you catch my drift. 50p per bullet would have been a far more viable option, especially in these times of cutbacks. I would have allowed the expenditure of £1.50 tops.

i dont think that tasering a man with a firearm sounds like a very good idea? is this standard operating procedure?

surely there was a risk he would spasm and shoot a policeman?

he shot a policeman without spasming :oops:

I'm with the police on this one, that murdering drop kick deserved what he got, the thing to remember is that he sat for six hours holding the gun to his own head threatening to blow it off, now that isn't a victim is it ? Good riddance.

I work in healthcare. We are frequently criticised,sometimes rightly but sometimes completely wrongly due to there being a lack of understanding of the complexities of illness and treatment by lay people. Severe illness,death and treatment does not always look nice and we cannot tweak reality to suit onlookers . Sometimes all people need is a bit of insight and understanding. Healthcare and dealing with an armed man are very different but I think it is wrong to form opinions based on ignorance and the effluent in the media.

Whever you agree with it or not, it appears police bent over backwards to go by the book. Which i see as a good thing.

yep they know the **** storm that follows where everyone and their dog sits back reviews the evidence and decides what they had an instant to decide was wrong. They were stuck between health and safety of their own officers and a maniac who had already shot an unarmed police officer sat in his car, thats pretty unusual in the UK so it had to be done by the book and not rushed. They pretty much starved him out and I would guess the tasers were used at the point they realised he was going to shoot himself. He managed it oh dear what a loss now if his brother would stop doing interviews then all would be much better

I'm sorry UKPoacher but I've seen it happen numerous times.

Granted not in this country,some American police forces have scent tracking championships,it's a very big deal,

Only bloodhounds though, nothing else cuts the mustard.

Did you just track scents with your dog?

I also think asking a dog to track a car as in the american sniper case is a bit unfair on the dog unless it can drive,

maybe thats why you see dogs with their head out of car windows.

In woodland this is how other countries do it,

cheap and effective.

As for Bin Laden, There's the memoirs of a man in charge of Delta Force you should read,

120 Delta Force and 30 or so SAS had Bin Laden in a 2 km grid five days after 9/11.

The word came from the top to relax the perimeter and leave the area,

He's still angry about it now,

He thinks now that if they would of caught him then their would be no excuse no carry on the War on Terror.

So its not really a dogs fault Bin Laden is still out there.

The Uni bomber lived in a hut in Montana and sent bombs through the mail system, which I don't think falls into the same kind of tracking as woodland scent tracking.

Regards,

Hatstand.