At last Pigeons!!!!!!!! Nice ev

Evil Elvis

:lol:

I got woken out of my slumber at 2pm today to be told that my unit was closing for the night....yeha me thinks...PiggieS!!!

Off i sets with Tyler my youngest in tow to see if the piggies were on the dried out beans.................as we drove through neighbouring farms the air was blue so i was hopefull!!

We arrived and walked to the 50 acre bean feild and up flew 300+ pigeons!!! I shot 2 for 2 and we watched them coming back, there was a distinct flight line visible so we headed under a tree line with a nice oak overhanging the beans....no hide necessary.

This was the view from the oak:

37623_10150223745770251_657535250_13608073_6953335_n.jpg

As soon as we were in place they started coming over in dribs and drabs but in enough numbers to keep me happy!!! I got 2 birds with one cart and pulled off a very jammy through the tree pigeon that almost landed on tyler...she thought it was hilarious!

I would have had at least another 10 but kept forgetting to pump the pump...as soon as my new semi arrives next week im going to sell it!!!

I had a very near mishap when from my left came a very fast pigeon, i had it bang to rights and was just about to shoot when i realised it was a small hawk.....phew....close one!!!

Finished the evening on 20 ish, we picked up 15 but lost quite a few in the beans and left them so we didnt damage the crops. Tyler reckons she counted at least 20 (shes going to use the clicker tomorrow.)

Their crops were full of these beans:

37623_10150223745740251_657535250_13608069_6098920_n.jpg

Anyone know what they are?

Heres the final bag with my retriever/daughter Tyler (and yes the gun was empty):

37623_10150223745765251_657535250_13608072_1104364_n.jpg

On the way back to the car an unfortunate bunny decided to run out in front of me and got whalloped:

37623_10150223745750251_657535250_13608070_6284624_n.jpg

I also walked past the infamous Oak trees where i was visited by the police last year when it was beans, it looked lovely in the sunset so took a piccy:

37623_10150223745760251_657535250_13608071_5703296_n.jpg

I cant wait for then to cut that wheat.

A lovely enjoyable evening with my daughter :o She wants to use her .410 on them tomorrow lol.

Edited by Evil Elvis

Well done!

I have to say reading this makes me smile as we are expecting our first small person in 8 weeks and it is a girl (apparently) my wife said she would not want to play daddys silly games in the mud but I showed her this and she huffed and walked off.

Made my day,

Paul.

Well done!

I have to say reading this makes me smile as we are expecting our first small person in 8 weeks and it is a girl (apparently) my wife said she would not want to play daddys silly games in the mud but I showed her this and she huffed and walked off.

Made my day,

Paul.

Congrats on the new addition when it arrives and i bet she turns out a daddys girl mine did e e cracking wright up mate

That's a nice big smile on your daughter's face there mate, tell her "Very Well Done" form me please mate!

Just one quick question matey - "How come an ugly bug old so and so like you can produce such a beautiful looking daughter?" Let's face it you are bald as a badger and she has beautiful red hair - It must be that Southern Air, it's effecting peoples genes! :o :lol::hmm: Lol!

:hmm: Thanks guys, she really does love the shooting, she tried to shoot a few with her .410 today....and failed but enjoyed every minute of it, cant wait till shes big enough to wield a 12 bore.

We managed 41 today with DangerousDave......his shooting has really come on!!!! Strangely enough most crops had wheat in!!!

Frenchie......have you seen my other "monster"? Must both have thier mother genes.............

34545_10150222966130251_657535250_13586435_21623_n.jpg

Made my day,

Lol, Dude my girls love whatever i do, they have both caught bigger fish than the average adult fisherman and tyler loves the shooting....who needs sons? :hmm:

Bloody hell EE. Looking at your other daughter it's a good job I am not 40 years younger or I would be down visiting your place with a bunch of red roses for the lass and a box of pigeon cartridges to help win you over! :hmm:

She is a stunner so yes they must get it from your other halfs side! :lol::hmm::lol:

yes its great to see your daughter out with you my youngest daughter loves to comes out with me from time to time just forteen my eldiest daughter 16 not botherd at all my son now 26 is still more intrested in his **** and cars and women lucky sod :good: