What millitary equipement do you use ?

Salop Matt

Okay other than the obvious trousers jackets and water proofs etc that are ex millitary surplus, what do you lot use that is ex millitary ?

I am curious after seeing a youtube clip of Robert Bucknell foxing and he was wearing a set of webbing !

Got me thinking that a battle vest with some of the pockets/pouches cut off and modified might be a good way of load carrying when lamping. :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serving Military, ex regular and spent 5 years in Royal Artillery as a surface to air missile operator and have spent the last 6 years in the Military Provost Guard Service. I carry an SA80A2 (the one that actually works) every single working day. Guys at my clubs are quite jealous! :lol:

wear webbing when im out with the rifles, handy for carrying everything when its too warm to wear a jacket; not a full set, just yoke and a couple of double ammo pouches.

also use an old gasmask bag as a cartridge bag for shotgun shells :lol:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

As a military shooter I feel that fat blokes in tweed clothing have no place in a field. Shooting has enough opponents as it is without wannabee 19th century landowners running about in ridiculous half mast trousers and God knows what.

As a military shooter I feel that fat blokes in tweed clothing have no place in a field. Shooting has enough opponents as it is without wannabee 19th century landowners running about in ridiculous half mast trousers and God knows what.

how brilliantly put. You made me smile rather a lot there.

I use various bits of camo netting when making pigeon hides, a set of webbing if i'm planning on stalking miles from my car and for a long period of time. I also use trouser twists as I only have little legs and it can be a pain to get trousers to fit.

Nick

VERY well said!! :unsure:

:unsure: :hmm:

Just to add that my rather tongue in cheek comment wasn't a slight toward CharlieT. Military clothing and equipment was designed for use in the field, it's primary use to stop your enemy seeing you easily and as a way of carrying equipment, supplies etc. What better kit to use than the stuff tested, trialled and used by soldiers? Where do you think all the big companies get their ideas from? It's all a derivative of military issue kit.

Saying that, battledress, puttees, and steel helmet aren't that comfortable for pigeon shooting, although the Guards tunic adds an air of sophistication to the event.