Easy Hit fibre optic sight.

Cranfield

Cranfield - I have bought quite a few - I like them. Fitted to three guns currently. PM me if you want one for about half price - I know where they sell them cheap.

When actually shooting - I have never seen the sight, but they are very useful for a practice swing at the clay. Gives you a good sight picture.

i stuck one (or a similar make) on one of the mossbergs; it helped during the day a bit, but evening/dusk/night is when it really helps out :no:

Agree with that, one was fitted to my M2 when I got it and it does help when the light fades on the forshore :welcomeani:

Has anyone used one of these and are they any good ?

I have them, I have an eye dominance prob and it sorted that out, they are really good, I got them on all my guns and it make for quick sight aquisition on your target. :blush:

Alan

I put one on my 319 a few months ago..scores up and kill-to-cart ratio up !!

It tells you immediately if your mount is poor as the dot doesn't show unless your eye is in line

down the barrels. I found myself looking for it at first but after a while I got back to concentrating on the target.

Now its as automatic as you could want it to be, the dot is visible but you don't have to look directly at it to see it.

GH

I have them, I have an eye dominance prob and it sorted that out, they are really good, I got them on all my guns and it make for quick sight aquisition on your target. :blush:

Alan

I also have eye dominance problems and fitted an Easyhit and it made a huge difference, i used to miss everything on stand 4 and 3\5 to an extent at skeet before and it really helped, prior to fitting it I was hitting 10\12 ex 25. After fitting i started hitting more and more on 4 to the point it's now unusual if i miss on 4.

Controversially i'm actually going try taking it off after the British Open to see if it's taking my eye off the bird and distracting me...at the moment i'm killing 23\24 ex 25 with a straight thrown in last month, we shall see.

Overall i woulnd't hesitate to recommend one! :good:

Some people love them, others hate them. I love mine, £30 for the Easyhit was a very good investment, i have since changed my gun and have an Easyhit on it also, i found it a very good training aid to check my mount.

Jon.

I had one of the original Single-Point sites on a gun for years and I think it worked.

I now have an EasyHit on the end of the 32in barrels but I think it would work better if it were closer to the eye, as I can see a little of the beam with the 'wrong' eye, unlike the Single-Point, which, although much bigger, threw a tighter beam of light.

I had one of the original Single-Point sites on a gun for years and I think it worked.

I now have an EasyHit on the end of the 32in barrels but I think it would work better if it were closer to the eye, as I can see a little of the beam with the 'wrong' eye, unlike the Single-Point, which, although much bigger, threw a tighter beam of light.

If you remove the sticky tape and glue modern small (neo something-or-other) magnets to the base of such sights you can a) move them from gun to gun and )b experiment and position them where-ever you choose on the rib.

Seemples! :good:

I bought one at a game fair, I shoot one eye closed and tried to use the bead to re train me to shoot both eyes open but I shot so poorly that I went back to one eye closed.

Even shooting one eye closed it appears to have improved my clay shooting, if my gun mount is correct then I can only see the dot with the correct eye so that works well.

Would be interested to know about buying cheaper ones for future guns/replacements.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...