Who has the most Irritating Accent

pavman

nasal american women :good:

Hehe. Most of the English and Scots i've met have been pretty easy to understand though your slang is a little hard to pick up on some times.

The most annoying for me is the Boston/northern New England accent and the very gutteral north Jersey and New York accents.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any accent south of Manchester is irritating... :good:

And Essex is one of the worst! Why do southerners say 'glarse' instead of 'glass' and so on...

I think the reason why southeners say "glarse, carstle etc....lies in the word. How many times can you make **** out of their pronunciations (sorry pronounciations)

What does it matter for heavens sake, we are all Brits against the heathen hordes

Im proper yorkshire pudding and T'accent int arf strong.

Best ~welsh (girls) ~dutch (girls again.)

Worst~scouse (all) cockney (girls.)

Unmm don't know any Welsh or scouser girls, spoken to lots on phone at work don't have any prob's

Mainly due to the sound of their voices.....I could fall in lurv.but my won't ;let me.

Being from Essex and living on the Norfolk/Suffolk boarder I have no discernable accent and I speak to a lot of folk during my working day and the regional and geographical variance is at times either a pleasure or a challenge,

the young lady from southern Ireland makes you feel like your getting a rub down with a Honey smeared moleskin mitten whilst the twining Scouser who bends my ear with his ling a long “ He Dan, De Do Dat Dont Dae Do” lingo makes me want to find an excuse to cut the call short.......... Germans always sound harsh no matter what!

Is it just me :yes:

Yam Yams does it for me, and the inner city london " yar no wat i meen man" come a very close second,

Mind you my country twang went south when i did my time in a tool room, full of enginners from the Eastend with quotes like " darnt tikkle it, hit it"

And a Essex quote from the old boys "I truden it" :good: ="I stood on it" :lol:

"Being from Essex and living on the Norfolk/Suffolk boarder I have no discernable accent"

You do have an accent believe me, I was born in Essex and have lived all over the place including Spain, Italy and France. I work with South Africans, English, American, Hungarian, Spanish, French, Italians, Russians, Dutch, Danes etc etc.

Ask them if you have an accent. The most interesting thing was the Spaniards who could understand my colleague from Glasgow's English better than mine. And I had trouble understanding him most of the time. I was told earlier this week that I sound like Tommy Walsh (Direct Line advert) which was a surprise to me. :yes:

it was wasted wasnt it :good:

Here hang on a wee minute big mawn...you slabberin bout my accent? Take yerself aff fore I blatter ye. And hu's yer mate and what's he luckin at? lol :good: I hail from Belfast and like anywhere in the world you get the articulate politely spoken people and then you get the opposite. I don't like country accents hey. They do my head in and they normally have a lot more words not found in the dictionary threw into every sentence.

The worst accent I've encountered so far is flemish/belgian. Very gutteral and you get the feeling you're involved in some kind of crime syndicate when you talk to them :yes:

Edited by Dancake

I really hate that new inner city accent that has crept into this country in the last 10 years. It is like African English but has been adopted by whites too. Tinchy Stryder, Ali G and so called wiggers use it. Wikipedia call it Jafraican . Consists of dropped H s and sounds like you are talking through sewn up lips.

I probably am a bit vague but you oldies will have noticed this stupid accent emerging.

I'm a motorcycle instructor, and I taught a couple of these yesterday. They turned up with their never worn before nike gear, jewelry, and baseball caps on at funny angles, and they were doing all these funny hippity hop hand movements when they talked. They looked so ridiculous I couldn't take them seriously. Both had blonde hair.

Brummie isn't an accent, it's a speech impediment :good:

I think girls with southern irish accents sound sexy.

Here hang on a wee minute big mawn...you slabberin bout my accent? Take yerself aff fore I blatter ye. And hu's yer mate and what's he luckin at? lol :P I hail from Belfast and like anywhere in the world you get the articulate politely spoken people and then you get the opposite. I don't like country accents hey. They do my head in and they normally have a lot more words not found in the dictionary threw into every sentence.

The worst accent I've encountered so far is flemish/belgian. Very gutteral and you get the feeling you're involved in some kind of crime syndicate when you talk to them :/

:o :o :o yep thats the one :good: dont get me wrong its not all belfast accents, just that one. im with you there with the country one though (which i dont have thankfully :good:)