World Compak Sporting, Malaga, Spain......

Catamong

Well, I've clawed myself out of the wheelie bin, dodged a couple of Gazza's .243's ;), so I'm all set to take the 6am Sleazyjet flight from Luton to Malaga to shoot this event.

It's being held at a ground up in the hills about 60 miles inland from Malaga, the weather forecast is for temperatures in the mid 30's every day we're there, so let's hope the beer's nice & cool..!! :P

It's a 200 birder shot over 4 days, so hopefully we'll get some R&R between times. :)

Cat.

Is the club the "Marbella Gun And Country Club?"

Ive shot there on a number of times (2, 1 week shooting holidays)

Its a great ground with amazing targets and great little clubhouse, very hot as its in a valley with no wind (after climbimg up into the mountains)

Admittedly its in the middle of nowhere but its got a pool, bar and restaraunt, and yes the beer is VERY cold

Good luck and have fun

Of course if its not this place then this means nothing...

just checked, its not the above club...lol

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

Shaun is this the one with the real steep drive and the bar is wood cabin style with a old AK hung over the top of the bar ?

If so I to have shot there down in that vally and it was mid july and me and my farther couldnt wait to see the club house again it was so hot, The first 2 pints beatly touched the sides on the way down ! lol :good:

Aparrently they have alot of pig / boar shooting over there !

:lol:

Go for it Cat, last chance in the Seniors isn't it? Welcome to the Vets next year.

If you get to Granada try to find Enrico's it is an old fashioned sherry bar, been there since the 1920's with all the original fixtures and fittings. It is located 200m up on the opposite side of the street from the El Cortes Inglese (spelling) department store.

Shaun is this the one with the real steep drive and the bar is wood cabin style with a old AK hung over the top of the bar ?

If so I to have shot there down in that vally and it was mid july and me and my farther couldnt wait to see the club house again it was so hot, The first 2 pints beatly touched the sides on the way down ! lol :angry:

Aparrently they have alot of pig / boar shooting over there !

:(

Yup thats the one,

Each time we have shot there, they gave us a truck to play with for the journey up and down, but i know what you mean about the climb....

If i remember, you can book boar shooting and the like in season.....

Oh and they have now built chalets on site if you just wanted to spend your whole time there :good:

shaun