1st of September

angrymallard

So who is getting ready for the Wildfowl season on Wedensday? i find little information on duck shooting on here, some but not as much as it deserves. My gun has been striped, cleaned and oiled, bag has been filled with two belts of steel shot and the hide has been refurbished for the 1st. Just have to get the batteries for the mojo charged and im all set.

What is everyone else doing? OMG i can't wait i, miss the first day of upper 6th too:)

Edited by angrymallard

I have chucked some cartridges, duck call, a few decoys and some waterproofs in a bag ready for the early set off on the 1st

I will be spending the morning at stone creek on the humber (no doubt i will get there ridiculously early as i am keen to be out) then off to try get a go at some resident greylags inland

All ready to go here as well. Shooting on Lough Neagh for my first time this year and looking forward to it.

where abouts in lough neagh are u going to shoot? i am shooting pretty close to craigavon. I've shot there for a few years and the first few weeks offer some good shooting gd luck you will enjoy it.:good:

Edited by angrymallard

I spent the day yesterday visiting some of the club marshes, looking for signs of the littel feather variety :good:

Seen some good signs of Geese on one marsh, on another there is a large splash area which also seems to have plenty of Mallards visiting by the amount of feathers every where, and on another bit of foreshore must of spotted approx 40 mallards already.

So fingers cross i will give it ago on Weds evening and see what happens

didnt book any time off (totally forgot) though im in the same boat as monkey boots, got about a mile or 2 of river to shoot this year. it would also explain why i saw a couple of wooden duck decoys floating about in the river last week, one of the neighours must be trying to attract them in for me, isnt that nice of him :good::yes::good: