anyone recommend a good camo net

mad1

Well the army boyz use the real stuff, can't see them pitching up and getting out their stealth nets, ghost nets or even hair nets!

You can’t fit a square peg in a round hole, there are no straight lines in nature, so why start of with something you have to try and change the second you get it out the packet, and when you try to weave natural vegetation in to it, well will it ever go back in the packet!

Pace out what you need, then double it so you will have enough for back netting. Have a good look around the surplus stores and when you find a bit, lay it out on the floor as it might have a big hole in it.

Buy once buy right

TEH

Hi,i have had three nets now :yes:

1.clearview,great was light easy to see through,bad as it caught the wind and bellowed.

2.ghost stealth,great was very long bit more natural looking than clearview bit like shredded clearview with black net behind,very heavy when wet,hard to see out of.

3.jack pyke 3d leaf cut,great is light :hmm: reversible :yes: easy to see out :look: doesnt bellow :look: long enough :good:pigeon and crows dont see you :sly:

Just what i have experience of the jack pyke or e-bay equiv have been the best and is the type of net i would recomend,oh and they are all see through from both sides,so you need a good back drop and camo jacket/mask/gloves etc to avoid being seen.

I like the stealth net but you need something that blends in to wherever it is that you're shooting :good:

I disagree. Nets do not have to blend in to the background. For instance, i have used a desert net against dark green backgrounds and shot plenty of pigeons.

I personally have about ten nets, all in different sizes, colours and materials.I then choose which net(s) to take out for any given situation. I find that a decent size ex mod (5x12') and an original stealth net will cover most situations.

Edited by motty

i have a light steath net and i bought some darker camo green net,neither is long enough to blend the hide into the stuff behind me,I try to not build a hide too boxy so although I don't like it to stick out of the hedge to much i like it to be wide so it blends in to the sides behind me, so I use the camo green first then join the stealth one about halfway across the front, but in a way that it hangs across the green at an angle,if you understand,I think it breaks up the hide more as it's not made of a solid colour against the mixed natural background