Problems within Our Sport today

P~MX

I think most of us would agree there a Lot of problems within Clay shooting today, Sporting & Fitasc have never been in a more sorry critical state for many reasons, the financial state of the country being the main one in my opinion, what do you think of the way our port is these days whats right and whats wrong in your opinions -- maybe someone will read this and we could help in some way ?

f3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have shot the odd competition now again and find (or did when i was shooting) that some of the best shooting is the competition layouts. The main problem that i had was-I had to pay for one of the associations either an annual fee or a large fee to join for the day. This put me off a little. I also know for a fact that a lot of the good grounds stopped putting the competitions on because they where not allowed to let regular shooters shoot said competitions without being a member of the association thus the grounds started losing money as the amount of shooters on the day they had for a practice/general shoot was less than the amount of shooters shooting the competition thus losing the ground money.

Now that Claysporting has gone to cock, have all the anti-CPSA whining sessions migrated over here? God help us all. :ernyha:

If you want to shoot serious competition, just join the ******* CPSA ???

It'll save a mega****load of bandwidth.

Edited by Chard

Now that Claysporting has gone to cock, have all the anti-CPSA whining sessions migrated over here? God help us all. :ernyha:

If you want to shoot serious competition, just join the ******* CPSA :hmm:

exactly ???:good:

if you want to shoot competitively against the best 'Clay; shooters you need to join.

if you want to shoot as a hobby dont join. :hmm:

If you want to shoot serious competition, just join the ******* CPSA :lol:

Exactly.... If you want to shoot comp, shoot it, if not don't ???

I'm not the cpsa's biggest fan but there is no alternative if you want to put some real effort into your clayshooting :hmm::hmm:

Strawbalers are fine if that's what you want to shoot but there's no point arguing the fact, it's a bit like 'Marmite' innit :lol:

I've heard it all before :good:

Azzurri.

I personally would recommend All shotgun shooters join the CPSA if for nothing else to have strength & support in numbers, We as members need an association that has the very best intentions for All shooters and our shotgun sports in mind.

f3

Edited by f3x3

Now that Claysporting has gone to cock, have all the anti-CPSA whining sessions migrated over here? God help us all. :angry:

If you want to shoot serious competition, just join the ******* CPSA :yes:

but is it not the point that these "serious competitions" have very little to separate them from the "straw balers" anymore? the biggest difference i have noticed is the bloody price of them!

I think most of us would agree there a Lot of problems within Clay shooting today,

Sporting & Fitasc have never been in a more sorry critical state for many reasons,

the financial state of the country being the main one in my opinion, what do you think of the way our port is these days whats right and whats wrong in your opinions -- maybe someone will read this and we could help in some way ?

f3

As someone who shoots Sporting or FITASC (badly) nearly every weeked what are the many reasons why are they in a sorry critical state?

Mr Potter

As someone who shoots Sporting or FITASC (badly) nearly every weeked what are the many reasons why are they in a sorry critical state?

Mr Potter

Mr P. do I take it from your reply you think everything is good with a rosy future in the world of Clay Shooting ? :blink:

semi

Mr P. do I take it from your reply you think everything is good with a rosy future in the world of Clay Shooting ? :good:

semi

No I don't think everything is good with a rosy future but I'm curious as to why you obviously don't think there is? Are you referring to all sporting/FITASC shooting or specifically CPSA registered events?

Mr Potter

I think most of us would agree there a Lot of problems within Clay shooting today, Sporting & Fitasc have never been in a more sorry critical state for many reasons, the financial state of the country being the main one in my opinion, what do you think of the way our port is these days whats right and whats wrong in your opinions -- maybe someone will read this and we could help in some way ?

f3

I personally dont think it has anything to do with the economy.

I am 'new' to the sport, just over 12 months in since getting a SGC. I am not a member of any asociation at the moment.

I have shot at the local clubs, and the winter league. I am really enjoying it and everyone seems to be friendly and helpful. I must admit I found it all a little intimidating in the begining. I love the sport and try and get out at once a week for a practice.

Why havent I joined the CPSA? I dont think they have really connected with me as a new shooter. I dont really know who they are, what they do, what they could do for me if I joined or where to find them other than the net. Its not the cost, its more what I would get back in exchange for the fees. If I am honest I dont know the answer.

As for recommending all shooters join the CPSA to have strength and numbers, thats all well and good if I knew what exactly they have done / are planning on that front, again I dont know.

Image, Message and communication needs to be tweeked a bit I think.

Thats not a dig at the CPSA, just my thoughts on the matter as you asked. You could say I am a floating member at the moment, and one day I will vote with my money.

Edited by Marcus

Just what do you expect from the CPSA, or BASC come to that..??

Do you expect somebody to come knocking on your door with a big bunch of flowers and a case of fine wine offering you membership from the comfort of your armchair..??

It's down to you as a newcomer to the sport to find out all you can and then make your own informed decision about which organisation you should be a member of.

There's loads of info about the CPSA here:

http://www.cpsa.co.uk/

If you're serious about getting anywhere in the sport then you need to be a member, it's that simple. :good:

Cat.

It's all been said and done before, here:

1. http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...767&hl=cpsa

2. http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...724&hl=cpsa

3. http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...125&hl=cpsa

It is interesting to note that the Essex Masters are putting a spin on the event next year with a team entry option - I wonder if any of the organisers have been reading Mungler's top tips on here? © Mungler 2010 etc.

I am sure this is absolutely forbidden in the CPSA rule book..... Not just lone shooters? Team event? Group "fun"?. Not at a CPSA registered event. Next there'll be talking and banter between stands....

Edited by Mungler

No!

What next? CPSA registered grounds masquerading as straw balers by letting non CPSA members shoot CPSA competitions? :blink:

So long as it's on a birds only basis. They should probably accept that in order to shoot a CPSA competition, they should actually be in the CPSA though. :good: