Target Practice

sussex lad

Anyone firing into an inflated tyre needs their heads tested. :<

Sorry Cranfield ;) ,

I was only joking ,wasn't really going to take one up the farm and shoot it :lol:

Sorry wont do it again :lol:

I'll be a good boy from now on honest :*)

Please dont send me to the BAD place :thumbs:

Gilderoy, I beg to differ..

Quite a few people have been killed by tractor or harvester tyres which have either been overinflated or have gone boom during use. The pressures in those things are phenominal, the only thing surprising about that clip is that nobody got badly hurt!

Pete

Quite a few people have been killed by tractor or harvester tyres The pressures in those things are phenominal

tyre pressure in tractor tyres never exceed 35psi my friend if they are they are over inflated as most tractor tyres have must not exceed 35 psi writen on them take a look next time youre near a tractor cheers kirky

thats 5psi under the pressure of an average car tyre

but still dangerous

Edited by kirky640

A rubber tyre can't explode like that, it may have been an innertube from a wagon but still unsure if that would have the same effects?

Truck tyres can make quite a dramatic bang on the motorway if they are nearing the end of their use-able life.

But remember, this tyre has been hit by a bullet which will add some big pressure to the tyre.. I highley reccomend you dont shoot this with a .22 rimmy, as you will probabley have a fatal ricochet. Tyres are very tough, and when they go pop, youl know about it.. as it taks some force to do it.

Stupidly when I was a kiddy, I shot a tyre with an airgun at almost point blank (12ftlbs) and nearly had an acident.. they tyre had a mear silvery spot from the lead.

I think they overfilled that tyre to the limit before shooting it with .222 or bigger. They were like kids playing with fire!

Quite a few people have been killed by tractor or harvester tyres The pressures in those things are phenominal

tyre pressure in tractor tyres never exceed 35psi my friend if they are they are over inflated as most tractor tyres have must not exceed 35 psi writen on them take a look next time youre near a tractor cheers kirky

thats 5psi under the pressure of an average car tyre

but still dangerous

Kirky, I stand corrected.

In hindsight, the majority of deaths injuries I have heard of have been casued by tyres being overinflated, I suspect that the tyre in the video had been taken way beyond the safe limit before being shot.

Pete

just slowed down the film and took these screen shots of it, it does seem to be the rim of the tyre.

the photos are not all that clear but it can been seen

i wud post the photos however there seems to be no place to attach the photos??

i will place them in the photo section might be best

• 2 weeks later...