vauxhall frontera

blackthorn

They say the Diffs are a pile of **** too and suffer premature wear etc :<

When you consider what these things cost new it's BAD but then so was my VW Lupo. Less than 60.000 and the main bearings in the gearbox failed :lol:

Very common from what i was told.

If you want a cheap 4x4 and good value i hear the Ford Maverik is ok

Also the Sang Yong musso is alledged to be ok for it's money

the TA-TA

i guess it all depends on what will suit YOUR style. Me i can drive happily in a reliant if i had to :(

Lord Geordie

They say the Diffs are a pile of **** too and suffer premature wear etc :<

When you consider what these things cost new it's BAD but then so was my VW Lupo. Less than 60.000 and the main bearings in the gearbox failed :lol:

Very common from what i was told.

If you want a cheap 4x4 and good value i hear the Ford Maverik is ok

Also the Sang Yong musso is alledged to be ok for it's money

the TA-TA

i guess it all depends on what will suit YOUR style. Me i can drive happily in a reliant if i had to :(

Lord Geordie

Frontera's Have a drink problem when it comes to petrol models.

All i can say is buy yourself a DIESEL its a must

but make sure if it is diesel it has got plenty of horse power unlike a defender or disco (sorry guys) :lol:

cheers Sean

i guess it all depends on what will suit YOUR style. Me i can drive happily in a reliant if i had to :lol:

Lord Geordie

ok....

thats you off the christmas card list

Whats wrong with reliant like? :(

They made a very nice Scimitar and i would STILL like to eventually get my mitts on one :o

very stylish and with 3000CC in a fiberglass body that motor must shift quite a bit ???

Stick one of them in my christmas card :lol:

Lord Geordie

Ok i've got my tin hat on and my bullet proof vest fire away.I have a frontera sport m reg it's got mt tyres on it and goes where i want it to,i can take the rear sunroof panel out and use it for lamping so it pleases me.I'm going to hide under the table now :(

No idea what your budget is but I hear very good things about the Isuzu Troopers (Duty and Citation models). They aren't dear and pretty bullet proof from what I know. Probabaly even more solid than Shoguns and definitely cheaper.

They're well equipped, quite nice shape and they go up to a 3.1Diesel I believe, so they can be fairly pokey.

Bags of space and I'd have thought a good all-rounder for you. There is the the 3.0 litre diesel Toyota Surf also, Daihatsu 4-tracks are OK.

I reckon mint ones are around £5k but you could probably go a £1k less and still get a reasonable one.