Poachers

i thought it was illegal to course game and deer in the first place it aint no wonder they have no permission

It is illegal, rats and rabbits to be caught with dogs, foxes can be bolted with one terrier :good: although as a lurcher man I know accidents do happen but not when you are lamping as the dogs are on slips,Al4x I wouldn't call your visitors lurchermen leaving there dogs more like w*****s :angry:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is illegal, rats and rabbits to be caught with dogs, foxes can be bolted with one terrier :good: although as a lurcher man I know accidents do happen but not when you are lamping as the dogs are on slips,Al4x I wouldn't call your visitors lurchermen leaving there dogs more like w*****s :angry:

Ive had luchers myself for most of my life till recently due to lack of rabbits but as a ex gamekeeper now a hobby keeper i know the trouble with long dogs and in most cases ive found the best way to deal with them is to fight fire with fire shoot the dogs flatten there tryes with nail boards do whatever you can to make there lifes hard to pursue there so called sport but men who in my case course red deer in the middle of summer who leave there kills where they drop and dont bother to try and find lost / dead dogs aint lurcher / country men theyre scum and the only way to deal with them is as they would deal with you

i found on two of my permissions we harassed the poachers envolveing a lot of lamping thurs/fri/sat nights lamp the lampers it worked it seemed everytime we went they would turn up and ****** off or catch them out there and give a slow chase so they thought they got away. but the more persistant deer poachers on other permissions just dont give up easy as cash is envolved .

beggars belief some of the things iv read.. helicopter up swarmed with police fxxk me they dont respond like that to murders no wonder the countrys on its axxe.. and as for poachers threating to do this and do that dont we get that with every society.. you cant class every1 in the same boat we get good and bad in every form of life.. p.s alot of this trouble woudnt of been if they hadnt banned many peoples sports and iv also known of good lads going the rite way about things and asking farmers/ keeprs for permission and beighn chased of the land with a mouth full of abuse.. which aint rite when people go about things rite

so these good poachers tell me more about why what they are doing is good and not stealing?

no body saying the poachers are good,, are all keepers and farmers good i dont think so as alot of them are into the same things.. some poachers mite pinch which is totally wrong.. but so mite some farmers and keepers.. i know of local farmers and keepers what up to know good but there nothing said about them nono.. just the big bad poacher and i mean proper poacher getting abit meat for the pot not the tee leafs

no body saying the poachers are good,, are all keepers and farmers good i dont think so as alot of them are into the same things.. some poachers mite pinch which is totally wrong.. but so mite some farmers and keepers.. i know of local farmers and keepers what up to know good but there nothing said about them nono.. just the big bad poacher and i mean proper poacher getting abit meat for the pot not the tee leafs

stealing from someone for the pot is theft, farmers and keepers own the land so are entitled to shoot it.

I'd hope Dazza you always run your hounds on land you own so would never have the issue to worry about

A friend up in scotland is having a bit of trouble with poachers coming onto his farm and using dogs against hare and deer. Police are next to useless.

What is the legal situation regarding shooting these dogs?

Obviously on FAC they are not on the ticket! But a semi auto shotgun with BB or SG would do the job I would think, is it legal though?

Why shot the dogs it's not their fault? Have you not got the balls to face the ones that put them there?

stealing from someone for the pot is theft, farmers and keepers own the land so are entitled to shoot it.

I'd hope Dazza you always run your hounds on land you own so would never have the issue to worry about

Not land I own but land I have permission on.

fxxk me mate.. scum robbing old people for drugs is theft not a rabbitt for dinner.. 99% of people on here will of poached some time even if by accident ie dogs chasing game of permission into next field what not permission is poaching.. at the end of the day all im trying to say is dont class every1 in the same boat.. you get good and bad in every form of life fact.. ye they own there land but not other farmers land

Borrow the biggest most expensive camera you can and then get a mate to stand beside you with one of them

fluffy mikes to dampen the wind. Make sure you have BBC News or the like written on the camera then proceed to record the activities of the low lifes. :lol:

They might take the bait and ****** off, you can bet they would not want their faces on TV as a large percentage of them will be wanted for other offences. :o

exactly its poaching if a farmer does it on land he doesn't own / have permission but one rabbit or a couple of deer its the same thing theft. Sounds like you're a bit partial to popping out without worrying about permission :oops:

and Dazza in that case there is no issue your dogs don't stand any chance of being shot. I know a keeper who has done it and well some of your countrymen decided to have a go and lets say they didn't try it again, and funnily enough they ran to the police :lol: If you go poaching you have to be prepared to either get arrested or potentially meet a keeper who doesn't go by the rule book.

Running dogs to someone who has never had or worked one is a bit like trying to explain fishing to someone who dont fish......they will just never grasp that its in your blood.

Its easy to be holier than thou with the law on your side and no immiediate danger to your sport, but 99% of lurchermen have been made outlaws through no fault of their own.

Theres no place for violence, criminal damage or any of those things but 99% of dog lads are nothing like that, they are just trying to get enough of the right kind of work for their dogs while battling against the full weight of the law and the un-informed and bigoted opinions of some.

Dont forget, hunting with dogs was here a long time before shooting of any kind.

Genuine dog lads hate the type of scum that damage stuff and threaten violence as much as anyone BUT its totally wrong to shoot a dog who someone may have put thousands of hours of work into since it was a pup.

Grow a pair, tell them to **** off and thats it.

exactly it seems like it is in the blood of dogmen so much so that the majority don't worry about having permission to run them on land, and there we have the problem. Its not uninformed it just seems to be fact or there wouldn't be the constant problem with them

exactly it seems like it is in the blood of dogmen so much so that the majority don't worry about having permission to run them on land, and there we have the problem. Its not uninformed it just seems to be fact or there wouldn't be the constant problem with them

Cant say as I disagree with you matey, a dog needs work so what are they gonna do?

And it's not totally wrong to take a lurcher onto someone elses permission that they have spent thousands of hours nurturing, cultivating etc, worked thousands of hours to earn the money to secure it?

Hows about putting some of that 1000's of hours into WORK to buy some land or genuine permission on that said lurcherman himself strived for instead of stealing someone elses efforts?

Edited by Dave-G

exactly its poaching if a farmer does it on land he doesn't own / have permission but one rabbit or a couple of deer its the same thing theft. Sounds like you're a bit partial to popping out without worrying about permission :oops:

and Dazza in that case there is no issue your dogs don't stand any chance of being shot. I know a keeper who has done it and well some of your countrymen decided to have a go and lets say they didn't try it again, and funnily enough they ran to the police :lol: If you go poaching you have to be prepared to either get arrested or potentially meet a keeper who doesn't go by the rule book.

you wrong i dont need to poach as i dont have dogs, but you should not make a case for every dogman through a select number who poach u out of order. what about when we all take our kids to the seaside/ rivers in summer with our fishing nets and we get an odd fish.. come on fella be realistis and dont class every dogman the same as many have permission

Keepers that don't go by the rule book? The sort that shoot badgers and poison birds of prey? Yeah we have one of those sort local. Dogs in where he doesn't have permission to be on the land. English he is.

Keepers that don't go by the rule book? The sort that shoot badgers and poison birds of prey? Yeah we have one of those sort local. Dogs in where he doesn't have permission to be on the land. English he is.

exaclty dazza mate this what im trying to say alot of them have the hands into many wrongdoings.. dont class all the dogmen the same when many keepers and farmers doing the same thing.. you get good and bad in every form of life.. and i know local keeper who goes coursing on other peoples land but any1 poaching on his land is a thieving toe rag.. ehere the justice in that.. and them who drive the land in 4x4s and threating farmers,, well i wudnt call them lurchermen id call them idiots and so would the real lurchermen