Hunter wellies

rigwallet

They went bust a few years ago and were taken over by the Pentland Group and renamed Hunter Boots, part of the deal was that they kept the plant in Scotland so I'm unsure whats going on there.

The new owners decided to scrap all the **** fleeces/boots/socks/rucksacks etc which they did in return for the above, obviously didn’t work!

I have never found Hunter's to be good either, certainly not up to the hype. As mentioned, very cold feet and didn't last that long. Agrilite or muckboots are my personal choice.

The china thing is somewhat of an irelevance to me as I dont intend to buy Hunters in future anyway.

As others have stated I would never buy another pair of Hunters!! I had a pair for last season and within 3 shoots the lining had all come apart and would rub something chronic, had to resort to placing compede patches on the backs of my heels everytime I wore them!! Personally I think they have sold out on quality to now being a fashion brand for those in Chelsea tractor swanning round the west-end!! Now have a pair of muck boots and they are the nuts in comparison to Hunters :good:

thats news to me thought it was british all the way with hunter

:shoot: Simon,Hunter used to be based in Dumfries,but like everything else in this country-costs where too high and they moved business to China and other countrys.Clark shoes is another one who has moved to Vietnam and Hungary because of high production costs,mind you Clarks seem to have maintained their quality whereas Hunters have certainly not---Dave :shoot:----PS HOWS KODA!

Edited by dave1419