Do these exist?

inshallah

Could you have an airgun that has a very small pressure chamber that you pump up with one stroke. The pressure chamber has a regulator valve so that it pumps up to exactly the same pressure every time you cock it. You could have either a break barrel or underleaver, cock the gun and pressurise the cylinder. When you pull the trigger it released the pressure from the cylinder to fire the pellet. It would be zero-recoil like a pcp but operate just like a springer.

If not, why not?

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for:

Now that's nice. I want one. I bet they won't be on the shelves at Tescos for £99 however...

My idea was much more simple, but I guess if Webley went to all the trouble of making that complicated design then my simple hack as a flaw or two.

I had a Sheridan Blue Streak in the 70s much like that an underleaver, pre chargeed, bolt action in a .20cal but got rid of it 'caus I could'nt get the pellets :oops:

There was a side leaver? that gave 3 shot at 11ft/lb in the 80s made in the UK. A Dragon I think it was.

What about the Ensign. That took a precharged cartridge about the size of a 12g but you put a .22 pellet in the front cap the only problem was the bench press that you needed to charge the cartridges :hmm: about 4 foot long :oops: but what a cracking bolt action gun :good:

Paladin

I had a Sheridan Blue Streak in the 70s much like that an underleaver, pre chargeed, bolt action in a .20cal but got rid of it 'caus I could'nt get the pellets :oops:

There was a side leaver? that gave 3 shot at 11ft/lb in the 80s made in the UK. A Dragon I think it was.

What about the Ensign. That took a precharged cartridge about the size of a 12g but you put a .22 pellet in the front cap the only problem was the bench press that you needed to charge the cartridges :hmm: about 4 foot long :oops: but what a cracking bolt action gun :good:

Paladin

the gun "Ensign" you mention was the predesessor of the now FAC only Brocock

i still have an american sheridan blue streak bolt action air rifle its one of the original .20 versions that didnt have the safety valve so more pumps = more power. the pellets are hard to get but i still have a tin and a half of the original sheridan pellets that were made for the gun its a wicked rifle with no recoil and quiet without a moderator.i wonder what they are worth these days

i thought that the independence was one stroke per shot with the option of a fill from a tank??

am i missing something? :blush:

'Fraid not

The pump is simply for topping up the reservoir, if the gun was empty and you gave i one pump, it wouldn't have enough air in the cylinder to push the pellet out of the barrel...

If you go shooting with this gun and it startsm running out then you can pump the cylinder pressure back up to carry on shooting, no need to carry a cumbersome divers tank with you..

It's like having a stirrup pump built in to the gun :good:

John :)

'Fraid not

The pump is simply for topping up the reservoir, if the gun was empty and you gave i one pump, it wouldn't have enough air in the cylinder to push the pellet out of the barrel...

If you go shooting with this gun and it startsm running out then you can pump the cylinder pressure back up to carry on shooting, no need to carry a cumbersome divers tank with you..

It's like having a stirrup pump built in to the gun :good:

John :)

cheers for the explaination. :good: