What lamp do you guys use ?

Salop Matt

What lamp do you guys use ? I cant Justifie to myself the cost of a light force !

I saw in this months airgun mag the new Cluson lamp but I am put off buy the battry pack having to be attached to the rifle adding more weight and not being dimable!

I want something I can use in the hand on a rifle and be dimable ! I am looking for a 100 yard beam for my HMR and I need to be able to plug it into a vehicle or battery pack and use a red filter with it !

So what do you lot use ?

Mine is for use with FAC rapid and HMR on rabbits and fox !

hi there i use the 170 striker good beam but poor build had a lot of problems with mine and my brothers. there is another on the market made by clulite its called a Shootalite its a gun mounted lamp and at a good price looks good.. but they do many more models so have a look at there sight CLULITE SHOOTALITE.

Deben max tracer,400yrd beam,filters,battery,cigar lighter,trigger tail switch,mains,scope mount and you can get a kit for hand held,bought mine second hand off here for £50 posted :good: ,new are £100 (not dimable)deben also do a mini atom which is tiny with i think a 200yrd beam.

My max tracer is not as powerful as my mates dinner plate :lol: light that lights up the whole neighbour hood,but its perfect for lamping or fitting on a rifle and will out range a .22lr or .17hmr with plenty to spare so what more are you needing from a lamp is what i think,and it is extremely light weight :good:

dont buy a verminator g2 from optical warehouse-utter ****. i had to send back which cost me £10; asked for my money back but they sent another one. Same problem with both; the wires come out so easily; **** soldering and build quality is poor. ended up having to rewire myself. only plus point is the battery pack is good and lasts for a good while.

would like to hear more from you about that lamp im intrested in getting one for foxes fitted on to a 223 pm me

I use mine on my 22/250, shot a fox using the lamp mounted on the rifle last night, with the red filter on it you get a beam of about 200-300 yards. Get the SL2 its got the 50 watt bulb.

:stupid:

I have had a cluson sl2 shootalite for the last 2 years now and have never had any problems with It.

I recently bought a lightforce 170 to use lamping from the jeep and within 6 outings the wires In the cig connection had come loose :sad1:

If you do buy a lightforce, cut off the cig connection and put on a couple of spade connectors and hook It up to a 12v battery.

My 170 now has a jack plug fitted so that I can plug It into mt sl2 battery pack.

The 170 gets used for spotting and I have the cluson set on my 22-250 ready to go In the back of the jeep ;)

Go for second hand light force IMO :yes:

Hiya, got to agree with you..I had various cheap lamps, didnt last long at all...Then, I bought ( Off here ) a secondhand( almost new and still boxed) Lightforce 170,red filter, along with a Clulite 12v battery pack for £80...I've used it loads, and really like it...the beam is amazing...just bought an Amber filter for it too...:)

Just keep an eye out for one, they come up fairly regularly.. :good:

Edited by Norrie

Deben max tracer,400yrd beam,filters,battery,cigar lighter,trigger tail switch,mains,scope mount and you can get a kit for hand held,bought mine second hand off here for £50 posted :good: ,new are £100 (not dimable)deben also do a mini atom which is tiny with i think a 200yrd beam.

My max tracer is not as powerful as my mates dinner plate :lol: light that lights up the whole neighbour hood,but its perfect for lamping or fitting on a rifle and will out range a .22lr or .17hmr with plenty to spare so what more are you needing from a lamp is what i think,and it is extremely light weight :good:

Can't argue with that, shop around and you will find them brand new for just over £100, inluding Dimmer switch as well as everything else mentioned above.

In the great scheme of things I consider them to be a good all round package! :good:

Lightforce 170 scope mounted, dont waste yer money on anything else, get a lithium batery too, *** its xmas

Go for the the lightforce 170 you will not regret it i also used the tracer max for a while good lamp but struggles past 50 yards with a tight beam (down to 25 with a red filter) the light force goes out to 80+ with a red filter iwould sell you my tracer, but buy right first time as everyone else says and get the 170 lightforce anything else is false economy