lincoln 20g or yildiz 20g

billytheghillie

Not sure if this is much help to you, had a 12g Lincoln and will never have another, handled a Yildiz 20 a few times but saved my pennies for a Beretta. I am biased but a 20g silver pigeon has to be one of best put together guns i have every shot. But if push came to shove i would go for the Yildiz between that and the Lincoln! But unless your in a hurry hold out for a good Silver Pigeon!

Hello,

I am the proud owner of a Yildiz SPZ Special 20 bore shotgun. This gun has 28" m/c barrels that have been finished to a very high standard. The blueing is glossy and has a deep lustre to them. The ejectors and other metal parts have been finished with attractive engine turning. The engraving on the action is very detailed and has been hand finished. The quality of the wood is without doubt exhibition grade. It is so impressive that the gun was given a professional oil refinish. The quality of wood to metal finish is excellent. The checkering looks very neat. It looks as if it has been done by hand. The gun feels slightly muzzle heavy but this encourages a very steady and smooth swing. Perceived recoil with 21g or 24g is very low thanks to a well designed stock and well fitted rubber butt pad. The trigger pulls are a bit heavy but very crisp. The gun looks very elegant and it's performance is first rate.

The Yildiz was bought for my son on his 13th birthday. I normally shoot top end Beretta 20 and 28 bores. The Yildiz can hold it's own in this company in terms of build and handling qualities. It is a lot of gun for the money.

Edited by miroku_fan

After a lot of searching around for a 20g o/u i ended up with a Lincoln Lightweight, some 5 1/4 Lbs. I did look at the yildiz it was very nice especially the quality of the woodwork but it was somewhat heavier. I also spent quite some time handling a silver pigeon, but the dealer wasn't interested in doing any kind of deal.

TBH i love the gun and it is practically all i use for decoyed pigeon and the odd clay outing. As long as the loads are kept sensible 21-24g it's fine. If you start pushing 28-30g through it it does give you a bit of a smack aside the chops and a punch in the shoulder. (always nice when a friend asks if he have a shot :yp: )

Not sure if this is much help to you, had a 12g Lincoln and will never have another, handled a Yildiz 20 a few times but saved my pennies for a Beretta. I am biased but a 20g silver pigeon has to be one of best put together guns i have every shot. But if push came to shove i would go for the Yildiz between that and the Lincoln! But unless your in a hurry hold out for a good Silver Pigeon!

I bought a 20g Silver Pigeon as a xmas treat last year, lovely gun but just couldn't perform with it so it got sold on :/

Got a 20g Teknys now, much better for me but I was sad to see the SP go it, was going to be my gun for life.

think i will forget about a miroku, cheapest 2nd hand one on guntrader is £775 :oops: for that money i could get a new yildie or lincoln along with the warranty.

The Miroku 20 bore shotgun is utterly reliable and will last a lifetime if properly cared for. They also have a high resale value because they are quality guns that have a proven track record. They are a safe investment.

Edited by miroku_fan

think i will forget about a miroku, cheapest 2nd hand one on guntrader is £775 :oops: for that money i could get a new yildie or lincoln along with the warranty. thanks :good:

true but when you sell the miroku it will still be worth £700+ if looked after the lincoln or yildiz will be worth £400 max in mint condition.... from your sig i guess you have bought new budget guns before? why not consider a different approach?

Have a look at Silver pigeon 20 bores....and compare the difference between a brand new one and used one...

true but when you sell the miroku it will still be worth £700+ if looked after the lincoln or yildiz will be worth £400 max in mint condition.... from your sig i guess you have bought new budget guns before? why not consider a different approach?

Have a look at Silver pigeon 20 bores....and compare the difference between a brand new one and used one...

Just sold my Miruko mk60 (due to the fit) a gun well worth considering, built to last a life time, and well made and machined gun.

Edited by BerettaSV10

Have shot both guns a lot, my uncle has both. The lincoln is a lighter gun to carry and in the fixed choke can throw a tight pattern as a result if your on you will knock the stuffing out of them. The yldiz is a very forgiving gun to shoot and out of the box the stock dimensions are very good. I personally couldn't miss with the yildiz, early models broke the firing pins but thats no biggie. The lincoln is a pleasure to carry as it is very light, if you take the weight out of it as the yildiz is still very light its a better gun. I would buy the yildiz personally.

My Yildiz has multi choked barrels therefore you can have as open or tight a shot pattern as you choose. The gun weighs approximately six pounds and perhaps more importantly it is very well balanced. The weight and design of the Yildiz absorbs recoil from all but the punchiest of cartridges. The Yildiz comes up to the shoulder very easily and has the feel of a more expensive gun. Some other ultra light 20 bores have all the handling qualities of a bamboo cane with recoil to match which makes them very unpleasant to shoot.

I'd go for a Berreta. You'll regret it if you dont! Try selling a Yildiz or Lincoln compared to a Berreta!

I agree. All my small gauge shotguns are Beretta's with the exception of the 20 gauge Yildiz which was bought as a birthday present for my youngest son. The Beretta shotgun with it's scaled down action and low seated barrels is a very elegant looking gun. The build quality is exemplary and the Beretta can shoot many tens of thousands of cartridges before requiring the attention of a gunsmith. Beretta parts can be sourced easily and fairly cheaply if required. This is why the resale value is so high. In saying that the price of purchasing a new Beretta has increased significantly over the past few years. I have just purchased a new Beretta Jubilee 20 gauge shotgun so I am speaking from recent experience. I am of the opinion that while the quality of the Beretta shotgun is excellent they have become expensive and a tad overpriced when compared to their competitors. The Yildiz on the other hand offers excellent value for money. The resale of the Yildiz is lower than the Beretta because it lacks a proven track record. This will change over time as the Yildiz marque builds it reputation in the UK.

I have now found myself myself in a similar postion of looking for a 20 bore as a general purpose loan gun for friends and family i think that although 20 bore carts are more its more suited to the range of people who will shoot it due to lighter weight. And for every slab of 12 bore carts i buy i think i will be buying a box of 20 bores.... saw a Yildiz on sporting gun classifieds but already sold (at £375 not surprised) I have a budget of ideally £300 which is low for anything but the horrible looking investarms....

While i would like to own a 20 Silver Pigeon it's £1000 over budget! so it will have to wait a while.... So any ideas of alternatives to the Yildiz and Lincoln? Weight is important and would prefer open or M/C 26-28" barrels Ejector

I have now found myself myself in a similar postion of looking for a 20 bore as a general purpose loan gun for friends and family i think that although 20 bore carts are more its more suited to the range of people who will shoot it due to lighter weight. And for every slab of 12 bore carts i buy i think i will be buying a box of 20 bores.... saw a Yildiz on sporting gun classifieds but already sold (at £375 not surprised) I have a budget of ideally £300 which is low for anything but the horrible looking investarms....

While i would like to own a 20 Silver Pigeon it's £1000 over budget! so it will have to wait a while.... So any ideas of alternatives to the Yildiz and Lincoln? Weight is important and would prefer open or M/C 26-28" barrels Ejector

one of the lads was using a 20bore beretta semi the other day,that was a really pointable light weigh gun,another had a sil pig 20b O/U and that felt really good,i'd like either,but as I already have a semi 12b it would be the O/U