what 4x4

nathanhutchison

sorry to start another thread about deciding on a new 4x4 but i didnt want to hi jack someone else's

anyway. after the recent snow and move to a farm and my fac coming through. ive decided i want to replace my clio with a 4x4.

my problem with this though is that im a young driver so i need to find somthing not more than 2.0L and not more than £1200 in worth.

now i dont know what to expect for this price but i would be looking for somthing reliable and not needing work done majorly or imediatly. im not to fussed about millage as long as its reliable.

i would be looking to use it for small daily trips, a little off road but not anything more than rocky/ bumpy farm tracks and field margins.

can anyone recomend somthing (if anything) that comes close to my needs?

:good:

i was thinking about getting one.

they seem to be pretty good on insurance, much cheaper than the clio's (£188 per month) as long as i stay within the £1700 value.

everyone who has one seems to think highly of them.

(also got a girl friend already and she'll be happy no matter what ive got or she can find her own way about :good::lol: )

Edited by nathanhutchison

sorry to start another thread about deciding on a new 4x4 but i didnt want to hi jack someone else's

anyway. after the recent snow and move to a farm and my fac coming through. ive decided i want to replace my clio with a 4x4.

my problem with this though is that im a young driver so i need to find somthing not more than 2.0L and not more than £1200 in worth.

now i dont know what to expect for this price but i would be looking for somthing reliable and not needing work done majorly or imediatly. im not to fussed about millage as long as its reliable.

i would be looking to use it for small daily trips, a little off road but not anything more than rocky/ bumpy farm tracks and field margins.

can anyone recomend somthing (if anything) that comes close to my needs?

:good:

For your budget £1200 you will be hard pushed to find a Suzuki Jimny for that price. You could always go for the earlier model and buy an SJ but finding a good one will be quite difficult.

i'll probably have about £2500 to spend once i get rid of the clio, its just to try and keep the insurance down on anything over 1.2.... if i was to get a 2L vitara worth £1000 id be £120 a month but with a 1.2 clio worth £4000 im £188 a month!

You could pick up a Vitara 1600cc for a lot under your budget and it would still be in decent condition. If you are not to bothered on colour/style look out for a Lady owned one they are usually alot cleaner and better looked after vehicle.

Edited by Luckyshot

Assuming you will be shooting at the farm you are now living on,

Why not keep the clio and get a none mot'd/failure, 4x4 for a few £££. Suzuki, Shogun/Pajaro, Fortack etc :hmm:

No tax, insurance or MOT needed and you can run it on red diesel :good:

Edited by chrispti

im 18 and ive been driving 6/7 months....

im not going down the ****** 4x4 for on the farm as i will be selling the clio before the track to the house ruins it lol.

as far as the insurance price goes ive looked some up, and basicaly i'll be cheaper than the clio on an older big 4x4 or a newer smaller one (jimny)

I'm sorry to hijack your thread nathan but i think my question could help us both....

Many years ago my Dad had a Subaru Justy and my Mum had a Fiat Panda i would regard both cars were small runarounds, with a 4x4 button. Can anybody suggest the modern version of a similar car?

Cheers

Aled

im not going down the ****** 4x4 for on the farm as i will be selling the clio before the track to the house ruins it lol.

as far as the insurance price goes ive looked some up, and basicaly i'll be cheaper than the clio on an older big 4x4 or a newer smaller one (jimny)

I have a jimny and they are excellent off road they are small but if you dont need the back seats you can put them down and pack a fair bit in. I had a lwb vitara before that and they are a good yoke. Otherwise a daihatsu terios would be the job not as good as the jimny off road but there a 1.3l.

Edited by kermitpwee

Get a Jimny, they aint that bad :good: Plenty of mods available too :yes:

http://www.kapsuzuki4x4.co.uk/suzuki/jimny.php

http://www.rhinorays.co.uk/

http://www.offroad-armory.com/jimny.html

Here's mine ;)

post-11306-0-72046800-1293777938.jpg