FAC SHOTGUN

Blackbart

just busy doing a variation form,putting in the .22 and getting a FAC shotgun.

What do you put on the form ? fac shotgun,7 shot shotgun,multi shot shotgun or what ?

spoke to them yesterday and they said they would do it same day but unsure of what the correct wording so it dont get delayed.

Anyone done it recently ?

When I applied for one I just put on my variation where it says caliber 12gauge then where it says type including action I put FAC Shotgun because I didn't want to limit myself to say a 5 shot pump if there was a 7 or 8 shot semi at the same price and besides I didn't know what I wanted regarding a pump or a semi or how many shots and I don't think u have to write how many shot u want just FAC shotgun all are above normal capacity anyway so they are all a FAC shotgun whether it be a 5 or 7 shot. And besides I didn't get mine flo came out said I didn't need it said I could do everything I wanted to do with a 3 shot semi I wanted a FAC shotgun for side of combine for bolting rabbitts and big flocks of pigeons. So who am I to argue. All the best.

There is no need to admit/deny how many shots your S1 shotgun may or may not hold, there is only S2 and S1 shotguns. S2 MUST have a magazine capacity of not more than 2 cartridges, S1 has no limit. :good: If you get your FAC and it has a specified number of shots take it back as its not in compliance with the Firearms Act 1988 :yes:

Mark

When I applied for one I just put on my variation where it says caliber 12gauge then where it says type including action I put FAC Shotgun because I didn't want to limit myself to say a 5 shot pump if there was a 7 or 8 shot semi at the same price and besides I didn't know what I wanted regarding a pump or a semi or how many shots and I don't think u have to write how many shot u want just FAC shotgun all are above normal capacity anyway so they are all a FAC shotgun whether it be a 5 or 7 shot. And besides I didn't get mine flo came out said I didn't need it said I could do everything I wanted to do with a 3 shot semi I wanted a FAC shotgun for side of combine for bolting rabbitts and big flocks of pigeons. So who am I to argue. All the best.

On the Nose :good:

If you put down a sect 1 shotgun does it allow you to have a short barrel shotgun like a 20" SxS or does that need a seperate slot? Just curious?

I think I mite be able to answer that! There's a guy at one of my clubs who has a sbs hammer shotgun, called a "coach gun" for riding shotgun on top the stagecoah with the driver. I dunno what the length is but its not much longer than 16in prob its. 18-20 in,I can ask if u really want to know. Yes it works and no I've not shot it. He's in the western society so he's got allsorts,I do like his little black powder derringer. Oh yes the coach gun is on his fac and its a 12 gauge.

well if you have SGC then you can obviously buy as many Sect 2 carts as you want but i have heard of people having "slug" which can obviuosly be fired from a normal S2 shotgun with the right choke etc it it is very confusing I have seen coach guns and i know "cow boy action shooting" is a thing and some have FAC for that i guess its similar to having a target only FAC. It is very confusing and subject to wide variation by location which doesnt help!

well if you have SGC then you can obviously buy as many Sect 2 carts as you want but i have heard of people having "slug" which can obviuosly be fired from a normal S2 shotgun with the right choke etc it it is very confusing I have seen coach guns and i know "cow boy action shooting" is a thing and some have FAC for that i guess its similar to having a target only FAC. It is very confusing and subject to wide variation by location which doesnt help!

you can get solid slug for shooting deer as far as i know. subject to the usual jumping through hoops when shooting deer with shotgun

you can get solid slug for shooting deer as far as i know. subject to the usual jumping through hoops when shooting deer with shotgun

No problem geting solid slugs for a multi shot shotgun for deer control if you have a real reason for them.I allready had a 5shot on my fac and just asked for slugs to be added I just returned my cert back to Flo and the added them to my ticket to :good: hold 250 buy 200 12 bore slugs

for deer and wild boar shooting. and no variation fee when you are changeing ammo on your fac.

No problem geting solid slugs for a multi shot shotgun for deer control if you have a real reason for them.I allready had a 5shot on my fac and just asked for slugs to be added I just returned my cert back to Flo and the added them to my ticket to :good: hold 250 buy 200 12 bore slugs

for deer and wild boar shooting. and no variation fee when you are changeing ammo on your fac.

Would you as an FAC holder be able to shoot slug through a none FAC shotgun? i.e. is down to you the person having the ability to buy and shoot slug? Or is it attached to the gun? Could one apply for an FAC just to shoot deer/boar with slugs from a sect 2 shotgun?

Edited by HDAV

Would you as an FAC holder be able to shoot slug through a none FAC shotgun? i.e. is down to you the person having the ability to buy and shoot slug? Or is it attached to the gun? Could one apply for an FAC just to shoot deer/boar with slugs from a sect 2 shotgun?

Yes, you can use the slugs in any shotgun. I use slugs for deer in S1 and S2 shotguns as the slugs are not tied to a specific shotgun.

Yes, you can use the slugs in any shotgun. I use slugs for deer in S1 and S2 shotguns as the slugs are not tied to a specific shotgun.

Don't solid slugs require a rifled section in the last six inches or so of a shotgun barrel?Or is this not necessary? Genuine question..I know nothing about solid slugs or the legal requirements in this country,but have seen articles regarding this in American mag's.

The fins on UK slugs are to allow them to pass safely through choked barrels (they compress) rather than imparting spin on the slug for stabilisation. I don't know how it works with rifled barrels as they're Section 5 over here

SolidSlug.jpg

Mark

Edited by Breastman