Pigeon Watch North vs South Charity Clay Pigeon Shoot 2011

Teal

You reckon?

I really couldn't care less if people aren't going. I just think it is fairly lame whinging and crying about the distance.

The people from the south (and true north) did many more miles last night and noone moened then.

If you don't want to go because it is too far and the tram only goes as far as the end of the next road then don't go.

It could be held at my local ground and I would still stay in the nearest travel lodge as it was a laugh last year and I don't suppose this year will be much different.

New fangled trams not reached us yet Martin. This is the North team photo next to our transport last year :good:

charabanc.jpg

I've booked my seat on the bus and my room at the Hotel :D

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes, back on point, if you are buying or selling location is paramount - no one living in Scotland is seriously going to be interested in a cheap shotgun located in Cornwall. Cheap guns don't justify RFD charges and so location is everything.

Intresting quote for you northern boys who think the location is bit far location is paramount .

Cheers OTH

And yes, back on point, if you are buying or selling location is paramount - no one living in Scotland is seriously going to be interested in a cheap shotgun located in Cornwall. Cheap guns don't justify RFD charges and so location is everything.

Intresting quote for you northern boys who think the location is bit far location is paramount .

Cheers OTH

HTF is that back on point?

Sounds more like a drunken ramble, isn't is a bit early on a monday morning to be drinking?

It has been said time and time again, if you think it is too far stop your whinging and don't bloody well come. I am sure that for everyone who drops out there will be someone nearer who will come.

This shoot isn't exclusive to those who went last year, anyone can come.

It has been said time and time again, if you think it is too far stop your whinging and don't bloody well come. I am sure that for everyone who drops out there will be someone nearer who will come.

This shoot isn't exclusive to those who went last year, anyone can come.

This is a classic case of "the pot calling the kettle black", as the Essex fraternity have been by far the loudest wingers on this forum about the inconvenience of having to travel any distance to shoot clays, Mung & MC seem to expect everything on their doorstep, and yet feign shock and surprise when the Northern contingent are justifiably moaning about being asked to travel that much further than last year.

Hypocrites..?? :hmm:

Cat.

This is a classic case of "the pot calling the kettle black", as the Essex fraternity have been by far the loudest wingers on this forum about the inconvenience of having to travel any distance to shoot clays, Mung & MC seem to expect everything on their doorstep, and yet feign shock and surprise when the Northern contingent are justifiably moaning about being asked to travel that much further than last year.

Cat.

I agree Cat, Blackadder and baldrick have some pot kettle opinions one minute one is saying its too far to expect a person to buy a shottie located in cornwall if there living in scotland but then they expect some to drive from the far north to beds for a clayshoot :hmm:

Cheers OTH

Cat.

Oh Dear, someone else who either cannot read or understand what has been written. I have never whinged about having to drive to shoot clays, I have never needed to drive far. I have several shoots within 10 miles of my house every sunday throughout the summer and more if I want to go a bit further. My beef is and always has been with the organisation or REGISTERED events and why Essex is one of the largest counties in the country yet their clay shooting team selections and all other shoots are held OUTSIDE the county.

I do not expect anything on my doorstep and frequently drive to Bisley to shoot target rifle.

JUSTIFIABLY moaning? I didn't hear anyone from the south moaning when the shoot last year was held 215 miles away, DID YOU? I also never heard Smig moaning that the shoot was the other end of the country to where he lived, DID YOU?

As far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with mileage, after all, I'm happy enough to shoot the Essex Masters in April and I will be doing the Beretta World in Hampshire in July.

The fact is, the atmosphere surrounding this thing is ******* **** :huh:

There's a fine line between banter and **** and this crossed the line a long time ago. I've seen all the **** on Facebook, talking about Northern c**** and that isn't banter.

We keep being told about how the best bit is getting off your face the night before and it's better than the shoot, so why isn't this just a charity pub crawl?

Some of us have been round the block a time or two and don't get over-excited by the prospect of a couple of shandys.

As far as I'm concerned it has nothing to do with mileage, after all, I'm happy enough to shoot the Essex Masters in April and I will be doing the Beretta World in Hampshire in July.

The fact is, the atmosphere surrounding this thing is ******* **** :huh:

There's a fine line between banter and **** and this crossed the line a long time ago. I've seen all the **** on Facebook, talking about Northern c**** and that isn't banter.

We keep being told about how the best bit is getting off your face the night before and it's better than the shoot, so why isn't this just a charity pub crawl?

Some of us have been round the block a time or two and don't get over-excited by the prospect of a couple of shandys.

What a fantastic idea Chard, trouble is that would have to be held down south as there is no decent beer t'up north. :P:P :P

ALL IM GOING TO SAY IS NORTHERNERS COULD YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELFS IF THE SOUTHERNERS WIN AND TAKE THE TITLE BACK TO ESSEX AND DO ALL SORTS OR STRANGE RITUALS WITH THE TROPHY KNOWING FULL WELL THAT YOU COULD HAVE TURNED THE TABLES AND HELPED KEEP THE SACRED CHALLIS. WE DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR A YEAR NOW DO WE.(ILL LEAVE IT TO YOUR IMAGINATION WHAT THEY WILL GET UP TO WE ALL KNOW WHAT THERE CAPABLE OFF) P.S ITS IN CAPS AS IT NEEDS TO GET ACCROSS TO THE NOTHERN MASSES.

Edited by SPARKIE

Cheers OTH

The location of a buyer and a seller in a £200 shotgun transaction where the combined RFD fees would be £65 and the location of the clay shoot... relevance?

Randomtastic :lol:

I don't care where the shoot is held this year - if it was in Scotland I would go to it, because I think I will enjoy it, again.

The location has been set. Is the suggestion that it should be moved because some don't like it? What happens if it's moved again and another half a dozen don't like it. And so it goes on...

The location was never going to be a subject of complete agreement, that's it really.

I am looking forward to the almighty dust up that will kick off if the North don't get their choice of charity :lol:

I too vote for a completely Northern charity of Northern choosing.

That way:

1. there will be less bleeting

2. they will have to come to support their charity :lol:

3. the South can prove that they exclusively occupy the moral high ground :P

Job jobbed.

What about a monkey rescue centre based in the North?