Cats vs dogs

Boromir

I'm having a silly argument with a friend of mine. She says that cats are better to have than dogs. The only advantage I think of having a cat is you don't need to look after it as much as a dog. I said that cats are dirtier than dogs because that they urinate and **** all over the house they walk allover the kitchen tops with there manky paws they bring in mice and store them where you can't get to them, and that they have always have worms. She says that every cat grooms themselves 6 hours a day and that why there cleaner than dogs. She also says that they bring in prey as a gift to the owner for looking after it. How daft is that.

I also said that a dog will you you before itself and that cats only care for themselves.

What's your thoughts have you got any other facts that I can put to her to convince her why dogs are better to have than cats?

P.S I would put this in the dog section but I think the word Cat is not even worthy enough of being put in the Dog section.

Edited by BFG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 4 dogs and 3 cats.

The dogs are great for home security and I can sleep easy if i'm away on business, they will risk themselves for their owners and can be taught useful tasks like hunting, retrieving etc etc.

Cats - at least they're honest! They do what they want, when they want. If they come to you to say hello, it is because they choose to. Dogs are trained to come on command.

From an upkeep point of view, I'd go with cats (I can't believe I just wrote that!) :o

Cats are just selfish, self centered, horrible, sly, evil, hateful little bags of fur that c@@@ all over my gardens and veg beds, then go home and show its owner how 'nice and clean' they are.....I'd put them in the same group as rats and squirrels :good::angry:

and that's why women love them, closest thing to a woman on four legs :good:

Cats are just selfish, self centered, horrible, sly, evil, hateful little bags of fur that c@@@ all over my gardens and veg beds,

Reverse problem in our place Jacksdad. My Ridgebacks have worked out that they can sail clean over the 4ft fence around my veg garden, and now there's nothing in there that I would eat.

Covered in huge Ridgeback *****! Fuming! :mad:

You own a dog,but you only feed a cat! :lol:

Dogs make better pets in my opinion because they're loyalty could never be questioned and can be trained to do various jobs like seeing eyes,customs work etc etc while a cat just licks its bottom! Im not a cat person so will always be biased towards canines.

*I give this 3 pages before it gets locked.

I said that cats are dirtier than dogs because that they urinate and **** all over the house they walk allover the kitchen tops with there manky paws

I'm 46 and have had cats in the house since I was 7. We've never, ever had cats that urinate or c r a p in the house, or walk on the counter tops. Whilst you can't train them to flush and retrieve, you can house train them very effectively! If your friend's cats mess in the house, then they've not been trained and that's the fault of the owner not the cats.

I like cats and dogs, though am without dogs at the moment because of a lifestyle that wouldn't allow me to give them the time they deserve. I admire dogs for their loyalty and obedience and cats for their intelligence and independence.

Edited by Blunderbuss

From when ever I can remember we had dogs at home - always did till I left home and got married - For myself I wouldn't give a dog a bone - never liked cats till we had a ferrel bring it's kittens to back door - had cats for 20 odd yrs till we had to have them put down - after two yrs of mourning we have got a rescue cat. - it seems from the postings that most people should keep a pig.

In order of preference- Cat - Dog- Pig - Skunk - kid

dave

Well known fact-cats attract more rats than they kill.If i knew that i was going to fall down dead at some point i would make sure i was standing next to one of the little *****.

I hate to contradict you, but the fact of the matter is, in my homestead, signs of rats are now pretty much non-existant, whereas they were here in numbers until the cats turned up.

We used to have chickens, and still have lazy irresponsible neighbours that leave **** lying about that encourages the little beggars.

:yp:

From when ever I can remember we had dogs at home - always did till I left home and got married - For myself I wouldn't give a dog a bone - never liked cats till we had a ferrel bring it's kittens to back door - had cats for 20 odd yrs till we had to have them put down - after two yrs of mourning we have got a rescue cat. - it seems from the postings that most people should keep a pig.

In order of preference- Cat - Dog- Pig - Skunk - kid

dave

I actually have a mate with a pet skunk. What can I say? It skunks around, likes it's grub and is on the whole a good lad.

FM :)

I cant have a dog due to my work hours. So its a cat for me. Mine certainly doesnt soil the house nor walk on the worksurfaces.

Ive not had mice in the loft since Ive had mycat. As for worms, same as having a dog they need regularly worming and flea treating.

Cats are just selfish, self centered, horrible, sly, evil, hateful little bags of fur that c@@@ all over my gardens and veg beds, then go home and show its owner how 'nice and clean' they are.....I'd put them in the same group as rats and squirrels :good::angry:

And kill song birds :mad:

www.mykp.co.uk/my-thoughts/i-hate-cats-****/

Edited by Browning GTS

Cats are evil - all teeth and claws.

I have two good reasons:

Cat scratch fever

Toxoplasmosis

They may groom themselves regularly but the bacteria in their mouth just coat their evil fury body with the germs. Add them to the general licence I say! They are the second worse animal to be bitten by [human being the worst].

With all due respect,TheDuncan-you,re rats will not all be gone-the majority will have dispersed when the chickens left the "homestead" but some,depending on available foodsource,will be living with you quite happily.Cats leave dead birds and discarded foodstuffs all over the place and roland thus thrives-i have seen rats and cats feeding from the same bowel in a farmers kitchen-the farm cats hunted young rats all night but rarely tackled a fully grown one.As a footnote-we used to use semi auto 9mm garden guns fitted with laser sights and lamps to shoot over a hundred rats most friday evenings-most impressive sight was if you shot one down from the rafters into the pig pens-they were promptly eaten alive as were any that were shot on the run but managed to make it back amoungst the colony.Redarding which pet is the better-my spaniel sleeps for 10-12 hours without getting up and spends the rest of his day either eating or producing odours-maybe i should get a moggy after all.

Edited by bruno22rf