user names

peck

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is my real name as I feel I may print something I could regret. Using my real name as opposed to a screen name, makes one think twice I feel.

Though mistakes I have made many, but have stuck to this ethos, have never deleted a post but do occasionally edit, mainly because of grammar or spelling. I stand by what I put in print.

The other edge to this sword is that I do enjoy a bit of fun, and can not control this childish urge I have to insert into perfectly sensible posts, some stupid comment.

Sorry about this chaps, but as I use my my name, I have to be honest, don't I?

I think I may also be one of only a few, who do use their real name.

Umm, I'm left thinking to meself "whatever will be objected to next on PW" :hmm:

As a Spurs fan I once went by the user name of "Frank Clause". Elsewhere I have been known as "Thorny Hucker". Someone did object to "Forny Hucker" once so I made it a bit less obvious. Perhaps my internet aliases have left a trail of people wrecked and in need to counselling for PTID (Post Traumatic Internet Disorder).

It's all got me really worried now :no:

OK, I will buck the trend and agree with Peck.

Some, luckily very few, chosen names are just not good for the site or our sport, in that case the user is asked to choose another. Unless it is tongue in cheek anything including murderer and some including killer aren't good places to start.

Regarding the most ammusing username - Sitsinhedges always makes me chuckle simply because my brain adds a "H" to it? Really - that's how a read it for ages! :blush:

What's wrong with the word "killer" or "kill". That's what we do isn't it? Stop trying to wrap it in cotton wool! Remember how p***ed everyone was when the CPSA wanted to become the CTSA because it thought the word "Pigeon" made it look bad?! This is kind of the same.

I really don't see the issue? :hmm: