Your gun and barrel length!

Spara Dritto

Hi guys just curious as to that gun you use in the hide, its barrel length, chokes and Cartrige make and size, Nice to compare other peoples set-up! <_<:lol:

So here it goes!

12 bore o/u Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 28" barrels, M/C (1/4 and 1/2), Gamebore clear pigeons 30g no6 - after 50 or so "ouch!!" comes to mind :hmm:

Review:

Beautiful gun, shoulders perfectly and ballance point is right on the hinge point, would mention the Gamebore clean pigeons kick like a mule!! :blink:

Post below,

Cheers guys and girls!!!

Edited by Beretta Italy

The first post makes me smile, i had the same gun myself and never mind after 50 after a hundred it took over a week for the shoulder bruises to heal and it could do that with light loads :rolleyes: Lovely handling gun and it was shouldered well in before the obvious comes up. I now shoot a Gas Auto SX3 :good: quite honestly i do not feel i shoot it as well but i can go again the next day :lol:

Hi guys just curious as to that gun you use in the hide, its barrel length, chokes and Cartrige make and size, Nice to compare other peoples set-up! <_<:lol:

So here it goes!

12 bore o/u Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1 28" barrels, M/C (1/4 and 1/2), Gamebore clear pigeons 30g no6 - after 50 or so "ouch!!" comes to mind :hmm:

Review:

Beautiful gun, shoulders perfectly and ballance point is right on the hinge point, would mention the Gamebore clean pigeons kick like a mule!! :blink:

Post below,

Cheers guys and girls!!!

browning maxus.30".1/2 choke.anything from 5s to 7 1/2s.28g to 32g.depends wots going cheap

"kent" haha yeah tell me about it, the recoil is normall as it is with any other over under its just the gamebore's are known for a hard felt recoil (in any gun), was lovely of the shop owner to mention how the gamebores kick like a donky! :blink: haha, going for Hull comp x 28g as was recomended them for clays, and will finish the gamebore and wave good bye to them, had a laugh with someone i meet on here, both shot gamebore clear pigeons and both felt that after 100 we were happy to get 1 more shot in, completly different make, line the gamebores up and get rid of them! :P:good: love the gun its a beauty!

Edited by Beretta Italy

It depends on the day for me.

I use a Beretta 687 game choked 1/4 an 1/2.

My absolute favourite however is my beretta extrema 1. In both cases I shoot eley VIP 6's.

The 687 has 28" barrels and the extrema 32". Balance I find great on both and I tend to shoot better with the extrema - and you can get 4 up.

Cheers

Good effort guys, Brought some new Hull comp x 28gs for clays the recoil is so little! what a difference the make can make, cant wait to get my hands on the 21g for comparrision they have been refered to as kicking about as much as an airrifle! haha :o :good: been recommended by 2 time british clay champ, he uses 28s and 21s hull comp x for all his lessons and shoots, and very reasonable price!

I'm 15 and 6'1",

I shoot a beretta 682 gold e and eley superbs 28grm, kent velocity 28grm 7.5s and eley VIP's 28grm for Clays. And either that or a hatsan semi auto with RC Prestige Snipe 32grm 5s, Gamebore F2 Pure Gold 32grm 5s and Eley VIP 30grm 6s for game/pigeon/rabbits etc. Then the auto with 42grm 1s for foxes.

ATB

EDR

Webley & Scott 700 boxlock ejector, like the shallow break in the hide, use 28gr no 6 homeloads, modern 32gr pigeon carts are not good news for old side by sides. Sometimes the Browining 535 32inch gets an outing then its 32gr no6 kents.

Can't leave Redgum out on his own; EJ Churchill XXV boxlock and Express 28gr 61/2. Sometimes the AyA (same spec) but as this is also 21/2", same cartridges.