4X4 insurance

darren m

I am thinking of getting a Suzuki Jimney, know that they are small but I'm hoping ok for me and my friend, no really hard use, just muck mainly. Been over the years with all the top name insurers but last couple of years best quote is through a local broker with Zurich, £216 per year for car will be £300 per year for Jimny.

Anybody got any views on a Jimney?, or got one themselves. Only one I can afford is the reason I'm thinking of this 4x4.

I use 2Gether Financial solutions, found em through the Pajero owners club, they were the cheapest until renewal time last week when privilege beat their quote but I went back to 2Gether and they beat it again by quite a bit. £234 fully comp 43yr old '93 swb Pajero me and the Mrs driving, shes got a speed camera sp30, me clean.

0870 766 2318 if it's any use to anyone.

cheers lads -- thanks for the suggestions , i,ve just been quoted £300 , just seems a bit steep , and thats 3rd party F&T , and £250 excess :thumbs: .

what do you think , got no convictions , 40 years old , full no claims , its for me and the wife to both drive as a second vechile

cheers all .

cheers lads -- thanks for the suggestions , i,ve just been quoted £300 , just seems a bit steep , and thats 3rd party F&T , and £250 excess :thumbs: .

what do you think , got no convictions , 40 years old , full no claims , its for me and the wife to both drive as a second vechile

cheers all .

a bit steep!!!!!! :thumbs:

try the £1200 i will have to cough up minimum for my insurance!!!!! :thumbs:

I insure my Discovery through Swiftcover.com (online only) they are fairly reasonable. I'm 24 and the car is a 2001 Y reg Discovery Td5 ES and its around £500 plus around £80 (fully comp) on top now i've added my fiance who is 21!

My fiance's mum (in her 40s)has just insured her 4x4 (ssangyong musso) with the Post Office 3rd party F&T with no no claims (as she transfered them all to another policy) for under £200.

Can also recommend Sureterm as they have recently given me a good quote for a Toyota Hilux as a second car with no no claims bonus.

just tried Bell -- they want £294 for me and my Mrs , because its our 3rd vechile shes only got 2 years no claims on this one , but we,ve both got full no claims on our other car and van.

his there any where that lets you use your no claims value twice , as in on 2 different cars .

after all you can only drive one at a time .

bobt -- do you have a link for FLUX , and how many no claims etc did you have to get them at that price.

cheers

im well pi""ed off now £550 quid a year with direct line .

3.1 isuzu bighorn (import) perhaps i live in a sh"t area .

think i should move south :wub:;):lol:

pps ,full no claims only me driveing , house insurance though them + transit van over a grand a year all told .

Edited by magman