iPhone

DSPUK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We get photographed & filmed thousands of times a year by big brother... So we get tracked as well, hey ho, another thing for liberty to get steamed up about!

Because it is almost impossible to identify you on most CCTV systems. You become just one of thousands of faces and are mostly anonymous.

With mobile phone tracking they know exactly who you are as well as where you live and what your credit rating is and what web sites you like to visit.

I like PAYG :-)

You can do this with all phones and have been able to for many years although it is getting more sophisticated. My brother sells the software that enables it. He sells to police and governments all over the world. They use it to track terrorists and wanted criminals. There are even public websites you can go to, pay a fee and input a mobile number and it will tell you where the phone is. used a lot by suspicious wives I am told, and parents checking up on their kids.

But why would anyone in authority want to track an ordinary member of the public ? You have to be doing something wrong for them to be interested.

Quote{But why would anyone in authority want to track an ordinary member of the public ? You have to be doing something wrong for them to be interested. }

If you are not doing anything wrong why should your phone have a tracking program on it - why should I as a honest upright working citizen be photographed everytime I go out -- Why should my car number plate be checked everytime I go down a motorway - why is my banking - spending - buying habit's recorded and scrutenised by faceless people and organisations. - I have done nothing wrong !!!!

A lot of people do not realise or care what is happening to our country or indeed the world - we are being controlled by a faceless group of people who have powers beyond your imagination - when are the younger members of society going to realise what is happening or are they part of the endemic survelience that is happening to us. Cotton wool society.

dave

Drip drip drip there go those civil liberties and once they are gone and gone for good.

All citizens monitored by CCTV, having their movements tracked, ID cards, communications and spening monitored and the data captured, and all in the name of crime / terror prevention and maintaining order. I reckon Adolf probably sold the tatooed number on the arm to the Jews in a similar manner...

George Orwell must be laughing his tits off.

We've known about geo tagging on photos let's others know your location for a while ,is this some thing that can be turned off?I know lots of apps require the location and can be switched off,

I reckon the tin foil hat may be a give away to I have something to hide :lol:

It would be very interesting to know the easiest way a private citizen could find out / track the location of a phone. Not that I want to do it, but if I say I'm going out to rescue kittens in the community but really I'm going shooting I'm not sure I want the Mrs knowing!

Pretty simple actually. All iPhones come with the option to track the iPhone via another iPhone or web browser. Likewise, Android offer this service.

If you don't have a GPS enabled phone, you can track within 1000 yards, which can still put you somewhere you're not supposed to be :yp:

In all honesty, if you have kids with iPhones, it's well worth setting it up on their iPhone. Nothing more worrying than finding out your kid is missing, but to be able to pinpoint them to within ten yards is pretty good insurance.

Please ask if you want to know how to set it up. Takes about 5 minutes.

Edited by Billy.

We've known about geo tagging on photos let's others know your location for a while ,is this some thing that can be turned off?I know lots of apps require the location and can be switched off,

I reckon the tin foil hat may be a give away to I have something to hide :lol:

Under settings, select 'Location Services' and turn off the option for Photos. This will stop your photos being tagged with a location.

Before you do turn it off though, take a look at your photo gallery and at the bottom of the first screen, select 'Places'. It's a nice feature to map all your photos.

Its quite simple really if you are up to anything you shouldn't be leave your phone at home and you have an alibi ;)

Personally I'm not fussed if anyone tracks me or my vehicle I don't think I'm that important for them to worry about. However if my truck gets stolen its a nice thought that if it goes on a motorway before the plates have been changed that it will show up. To me its only an issue if you are up to no good,

You can do this with any phone with embedded GPS, and quite a few cameras now as well.

This is a bit different though. Whilst the Geotagging of photos and videos is one thing, actually keeping a running log of your whereabouts, which is not encrypted, is another.

Edited by Billy.

Yeah I've looked at that, it's a nice feature. The iphone is a pretty amazing bit of kit. I've only had mine since January but I don't know how I managed without it before!!

You sad ******* :lol::lol: You just did manage....

Ive just dumped mine in favour of a basic nokia with no camera, computor, email, apps, android etc etc etc etc... Im no techno dino, far from it but over 90% of the phones apps were a gimmick and would never get used. The smart phone is taking over the world and turning us all into technology dependent dummies which cant get through a normal day without powering up some app or another....Sorry but its not for me..

I have a Nokia now which many may find hard to believe is JUST A PHONE.... I rang my friend on his 400 quid smart phone yesterday on my brand new £7.99 nokia and guess what he answered and we had a conversation.

This Story with a moral about Tradition Versus Modern is one of my favorites and illustrates my point... enjoy :lol::lol:

An elderly farmer was leaning on a gate post watching his flock when down the lane came screamed a young chap in a big black beamer. Pulling to a halt he looked at the Farmer and said “what o old boy”…the Farmer ignored him…

“Nice Suffolk Herd” said the young chap.

The farmer ignored him and puffed leisurely on his pipe.

“Ill tell you what Old boy” he said to the Farmer “if I can tell you how many sheep in your field will you give me that nice looking black and white one over there.”

“Yup” said the Farmer…

So the young chap got out his Blackberry and Video scanned the field, he emailed by satellite link the photo to his colleague in London, he downloaded and scanned it and converted the jpeg to a Cad file and ran it through is digitiser and up came the answer which he sent back by Skype as a personal conversation to the young chaps Iphone.

“There are 237 sheep in your field is that right”

“Yup” said the farmer and waved his stick towards the chosen animal.

The young chap collard the beast and forced it begrudgingly and groaning into the back of his Beamer

“Ill tell thee what” said the Farmer “if I can tell ee what thee does can I have my beast back.”

“I should say so said the young chap” thinking the farmer wouldn’t have a clue

"You are an It Consultant said the farmer"…"How the hell did you know that said the Young Chap."

Well you scream around the country like you own the place in your flash suit and German car, which you cant really afford, you have all the gadgets and gismos that go with the job, You cant count and rely on someone else to do it for you, You assume everyone you meet is less intelligent than you, you turn up uninvited and try and tell me about my Business when you actually know nowt about it at all. And you know **** all about sheep this his a flock of Derbyshire Gritstones…now give me back my Dog….and **** off.!

Edited by Fisherman Mike

You just did manage....

Well yeah I did obviously, but I also used to wash dishes by hand (yes, often me, before some dinosaur makes a comment about 'the Mrs'), and I had to waste time getting all my shopping at actual shops, etc etc etc ad nauseum.

For me the iphone is a brilliant tool. But that's all it is, a tool. I can carry my office round with me and as I'm self-employed it's definitely an enabling device, not one that makes me a slave.

What you did sounds a bit like someone poring away all their fine wine in order to drink tap water. :P

Well yeah I did obviously, but I also used to wash dishes by hand (yes, often me, before some dinosaur makes a comment about 'the Mrs'), and I had to waste time getting all my shopping at actual shops, etc etc etc ad nauseum.

For me the iphone is a brilliant tool. But that's all it is, a tool. I can carry my office round with me and as I'm self-employed it's definitely an enabling device, not one that makes me a slave.

What you did sounds a bit like someone poring away all their fine wine in order to drink tap water. :P

Our tap water comes from an artesian well in the Cotswolds..Its better than fine wine. :P:lol:

Edited by Fisherman Mike