is your magnet base good enough?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. is your magnet base good enough?

• Yes, its fine
    • Yes, i can live with it
    • No, not very good
    • No, totally useless

Hi All

Lots of people seem to be having problems with their magnet bases,especially on the cheaper ones!

Some collapse, some even snap from what i hear...not good.

Some are strong and never cause a problem...nice.

So i thought i would set up a poll to see how many people are happy/unhappy with theirs. :good:

Edited by stu nesling

I have an Andy Moss one and have been using it two and a half years, rock solid and built like a tank.

The base is very good and have never not been able to set it up because of hard ground.

Has been excellent for my first buy, will run it into the ground hen probably opt for a lighter model

As we keep saying, buy a decent rotary from a reputable company, pay sensible money and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you do, they will sort it out.

"Buy cheap, buy twice". :yes:

Cranfield: get the hack saw out and put your check book away.... :lol:

Loads of time to make a rotary while the birds are doing their thing :friends:

TEH

Cranfield: get the hack saw out and put your check book away.... :lol:

Loads of time to make a rotary while the birds are doing their thing :friends:

TEH

Clearly you have misguided ideas of my technical competence. :yes:

I admire those that can build their own equipment, but I have a perfectly efficient rotary purchased from UKSW, it gets much higher than average use and doesn't miss a beat. :good:

:hmm: you must of getting the good batch of magnets then...........mine is **** and weak as ****! the base is terrible!! :good:

if you got it of me and there is any problem i will replace,as i have had no trouble at all with any please pm me your details and i will sort out.

Edited by paul hart

I got mine from evilbay. Seems to be solidly constructed and i can manage to get it into hard ground without it looking like its going to bend. The only problem i have is that the bird cradle is pants! The bar to support the head is almost as thick as the birds head and the bars to hold the wings out are a quite chunky too and i had to but some clips seperatley to hold the wings onto them.

I currently just use foam decoys on the magnet as it is a nightmare trying to fit a real pigeon on it.

I got mine from evilbay. Seems to be solidly constructed and i can manage to get it into hard ground without it looking like its going to bend. The only problem i have is that the bird cradle is pants! The bar to support the head is almost as thick as the birds head and the bars to hold the wings out are a quite chunky too and i had to but some clips seperatley to hold the wings onto them.

I currently just use foam decoys on the magnet as it is a nightmare trying to fit a real pigeon on it.

Very easy to make and the birds sit well on the cradle, the clips adjust to suit and dont snap off as the wire will give and not break.....like some i wont mention :lol:

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/TheEssexHunter/rotary/?action=view&current=rotary8.jpg

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/TheEssexHunter/rotary/?action=view&current=rotary9.jpg

TEH