Where do you eject your spent cartridges?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im no clay shooter...but i eject into my hand and then put emptys into a empty pocket or cartridge box and take them home with me :good:

they wer not there when you arrived....so they shouldnt be there when you leave!!!! :good:

in a pigeon hide cover into my hand put all cases to one side of the hide in a pile then pick em up at the end of the day..

on the clays again cover spent cases and put em in the bin.

Hand then bin, uless using a semi, then its pick up the cartridges afterwoods. On one trip the other week some one just empted all their cartridges into and around the stands leaving a right mess. Spent a few mins clearing the cartridges up on the stands before shooting :( .

I don't like ejaculating all over the place so usually do it into my hand. If its cold and I'm wearing woolly gloves then I eject them towards my stomach and let them drop to my feet/the bin.

Sorry but that`s just way too much information :lol::lol::lol:

I like to time things so that if someone is standing behind to try and get an idea of where things are, I can let fly directly into his bonce. I also like to alternate left and right a bit to make sure the scorer earns his £15 for a 7 hour day. Also if I see an empty stand with a full bin I kick it over. :lol::lol:

Not really, I side swipe ;) into the bin.

I like to time things so that if someone is standing behind to try and get an idea of where things are, I can let fly directly into his bonce. I also like to alternate left and right a bit to make sure the scorer earns his £15 for a 7 hour day. Also if I see an empty stand with a full bin I kick it over. :lol::lol:

Not really, I side swipe ;) into the bin.

I don't think you're taking this seriously, are you? :P

Skeet and field shooting always into the hand. But at many sporting shoots I find if I break the gun with one hand and use the other to cover the cartridges, the barrels clonk on the front bar of the cage (praps 'cos I'm a bit of a shorty) So I do like to eject straight into the bin occasionally but try to move it into the right position before I shoot so no need for dramatic upending of the gun. Any that miss get picked up afterwards and thrown into the bin as noisily as possible to put off the next shooter :lol:

i eject into my hand and then put emptys into a empty pocket or cartridge box and take them home with me :good:

they wer not there when you arrived....so they shouldnt be there when you leave!!!! :good:

Likewise in all respects.

If I'm in the hide and action is fast I reload fast - empties eject usually in the same place and I pick up at the end. I do a good sweep of the land before I leave too.

Into hand then bin - saves my back picking them up after! I dont see anyone doing anything other than hand to bin on the clay shoots I attend. I do though, now and again if shooting on my own, let a few fire out to give the ejectors a good work out! Probably no need, but makes me feel better that they are working and being worked properly!

Sorry for hijacking this thread and taking it to Cuba but... has anyone out there got a CHEAP 3 or 4 gun cabinet they want to offload ??? needs to be approved of course and i can arrange a courrier if too far to pick up but it has to be cheap, the wife has put a cap on my spending !!! most unfair of her :sad1:

Dave.

Hand then bin for me too. The majority of shooters at my strawbaler do the direct eject thing which doesn't bother me in the slighest, as long as they actually go in the bin, or if not they pick them up afterwards. :good:

It does boil my **** though when i'm at the shooting ground and wannabe Lord ****head just ejects them over his shoulder for the staff to pick up, even though there are cartridge bins every 5 yards <_<

Mark

I think the invert-flip-hope for the best is an inherited habit from others who do the same. When you add up the negative factors such as the risk of banging your barrels on the cage, missing the bin, looking like a ****, taking your concentration away...it makes no real logical sense to do it at all unless you are just copying.

Just started out shooting and went to the clay ground today.

After reading all the posts I was good and did the into hand then bin. The last two shoots I've just ejected onto the floor and then picked up.

No more of that, I'm a hand and bin person from now on.

Depends on the clay ground, I usually use the push ejector lever and give the gun a flick to break the barrels fully ejecting the spent carts into my hand in a very efficient and professional manner technique.

However at one of the clay grounds i goto i eject them all over the place to give the peasants something to pick up. :lol: