Best shooting related film...

Dynamic85

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit when I read the heading of this thread "Best shooting related film..." the only film I could think of was The Shooting Party or Chris Green's Pigeon Shooting DVDs. I hadn't realised what was wanted was the best "fictional killing of human beings and/or aliens". I think it took until post #23 before a film not primarily focused on human bloodshed was mentioned.

Makes you think sometimes, is it any wonder that some proportion of the general public link our hobby/sport/pastime of various fieldsports with the inhumanity of man upon his fellow man. Surely when this community hears the word shooting we should think of our own sport not the attempted massacre of half the human race.

Mr Potter

Must admit when I read the heading of this thread "Best shooting related film..." the only film I could think of was The Shooting Party or Chris Green's Pigeon Shooting DVDs. I hadn't realised what was wanted was the best "fictional killing of human beings and/or aliens". I think it took until post #23 before a film not primarily focused on human bloodshed was mentioned.

Makes you think sometimes, is it any wonder that some proportion of the general public link our hobby/sport/pastime of various fieldsports with the inhumanity of man upon his fellow man. Surely when this community hears the word shooting we should think of our own sport not the attempted massacre of half the human race.

Mr Potter

Must admit Mr Potter I didn't think about films shooting people, its slightly disturbing that everyone associates gun related film with shooting people and I was surprised that no one had mentioned The Shooting party before me.

Mr Potter

How many films are there out there that are just about shooting/hunting ?

Now how many are there that are about War, Crime, and general action films containing shooting ?

Its an unfair representation.

Also I know guns are for hunting, but SOME guns are made specifically for war. That doesnt mean anyone owning a hunting rifle goes out and shoots people from miles away like on Shooter or other films or Saving Private Ryan.

Anyone with half a brain can distinguish between them. :good: Although I do know quite a few of the general public dont even seem to have that much :look: :lol:

Another vote for Band Of Brothers here, excellent series!

Enemy At The Gates?? Cant get into that film down to the fact that the main character-Vasily Zaytsev (Jude Law) speaks with a bloody english accent-i mean come on, even a dodgy russian accent would have made it better-i was personally cheering on old Ed Harris when i first saw the film! :lol:

Totally agree, what a waste of a cracking set.