car turning over but wont start

soreshoulder

My truck has the same problem after snading still for a few weeks. Juts out some fresh petrol in the tank, only 5-10 quids worth, then the pump will register and it should start, failing that, clean the air filter, and if that doesnt work, take out the spark plugs, clean them and put a DROP of petrol in them and it should start up! What motor is it?

usuall 2 thing prevent a car from firing up.1.no spark,check the battery,and connections to the battery and to the starter,remember the earth lead too.check the plug leads are on snug at the engine and distributer end. 2. No fuel,check it has fuel in the tank (the gauge might be broke)remove the fuel pipe near to the engine and give the engine a crank and watch for fuel coming from the pipe.

If that does'nt give any results, come back

My guess is that it didn't start straight away for whatever reason and then "flooded" by continual attempts to start it. This often means that the fuel is getting there but the spark isn't with regard to the initial failure.

+1

I had this a couple of years back with a petrol car I had. In the end I had to get a mate who knew about these things to come round and he told me I had flooded it by doing lots of short runs because modern engines are programmed to pump lots of fuel in early in a journey.

Basically, he got in, turned the key and let it turn over for ages. Eventually it kicked in and was fine afterwards.