Murray

Lampwick

I want to but I can't he's a miserable f'er and ever since he said he'd rather support anyone than England in world cup he lost my vote, if (by a miracle) Scotland got through to a world sporting event I would support them wholeheartedly but not Murray he's a ****.

The trouble is he's so deliberately humourless and taciturn (even rude) with interviewers he doesn't win many supporters. Also, my wife pointed this out, that a lucrative career in 'punditry' could await him when he goes off the boil and does a Henman, the trouble is who the hell would want him commentating and chatting on the sofa with Henman, McEnroe, Lloyd, Austin et al?

Nobody, that's who.

Talk about a PR bombshell - noticed how he is the main GB sportmman as far as tennis goes but you never see his ugly boatrace advertising anything - his 'I'd rather support anyone........" comments still haunt him and his sponsorship manager (fair enough he's not exactly skint anyway) but if he had kept his mouth shut he would certainly be a lot richer and no doubt advertising the latest razor or anti-perspirant deordorant.

He was younger and more foolish when he made the anti-England comment so I can forgive him for that - If I had a quid for everytime I've dissed a celt I'd be rich (never had the opportunity to do it on national television). He has even less character and oomph than the limp wristed Henman. I just wished we could produce a decent english singles player, he/she would be worth a fortune, sadly they are all KRAPINSKI.

I would much rather see the dour jock win a final though, I'll always support a home nation against a foreigner - But I'd never support a Mackem if they are in Europe (not much chance of that).

ever since he said he'd rather support anyone than England in world cup he lost my vote,

You know this was a jokey reply directly to an English journlalist who had just wound him up

about Scotland not being there?

He wasn't being serious.

Nial.

1825 hours. The 'Tim' wheels have just come off the Andy wagon.

Haven't I watched this all before...

Over to Dave for a bit of Top Gear repeat.

I've just binned it for The Simpsons... Slightly less amusing than seeing Murray get hammered, but more colourful!